DIY Goodman Handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This is for my rendition of the Goodman Handle. There is actually no handle that crosses your palm which reduces the bulk factor. Works very well.

Need:
2 2" PVC Couplings
Sander
Sander
Sander
Beer
Jig Saw
PVC Cement Primer
PVC Cement

Make one cut lengthwise in each coupling
Heat until pliable
Mold one around your hand (I suggest wearing a glove - it's hot)
Mold one around your light head
Sand both parts and contour them the way you want.
Sand a spot flat in both parts where you will join them together
Prep, Cement and Paint

Photos here: http://www.brethrenofthecoast.net/piratescove/viewtopic.php?t=12

dsater,

Very nice, but could I suggest an IPA rather than a lager for this type of work?

couv

dsater,

Very nice work. Have you made many other items using the cut/heat/machine/bond technique? I found a knife, and have decided to use the info found in another thread to make a sheath, but because it is a knife with a point, I still need to protect the bottom of the sheath from the sharp point. I think using your method I could make an insert for the fabric pocket.

couv

couv:
dsater,

Very nice work. Have you made many other items using the cut/heat/machine/bond technique? I found a knife, and have decided to use the info found in another thread to make a sheath, but because it is a knife with a point, I still need to protect the bottom of the sheath from the sharp point. I think using your method I could make an insert for the fabric pocket.

couv

I am in the process of making a grappleing tool for the many river dives we do here in the St. Clair River. PVC is very easy to work with using the cut/heat/machine/bond method and is light weight and still very strong after manipulating. I think it would work well for your application also. Let me know how it works out.

Thanks for the idea dsater. I used your same idea basically and created my own goodman handle tonight for a total cost of about 10 bucks and couple hours of work. When we get my wife a canister light she wants me to show her to make her own haha. :)

Saved myself 45 bucks. I'm pretty damn happy with the results.

P1000287.JPG

P1000288.JPG

P1000290.JPG

Hey nice work!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom