DIY Goodman handle for an light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

also you can learn yourself ;-))

PS: I have made my own ; stil works (10 yrs+ ) :yeahbaby: LOL
ok so when can i expect this "lesson" to be learned?.....ive been diving this for 3 years soooooo.....

frankly, it looks like you tried to throw shade for no reason....and when you got called on it, you decided to get all cryptic to shirk responsibility for your made up claims.

Reactions: Zef
funny, no one seems to have issues with Aluminum/ SS dive reels....or all the other goodman handles that use aluminum/ SS.....or any of the other dive/ boating equipment that does the same...

dont be lazy and rinse your equipment and you wont have issues.

neglect will ruin ANY equipment that you have.

Reactions: Zef
I'd like to be able to adjust underwater, although it's not really needed, it would be nice. I have a small right angle screwdriver / allen key that I keep in my kit.

I have yet to find a reason to switch hands. I'm sure there are some, but tbh it's so comfortable on the back there's nothing I can't do with it on. If I absolutely had to I could slip it off and just let go, the bungee would (should I hope, lol) catch it and it would just dangle until I got situated. Maybe there are some reasons to switch?

This is the model I used. I believe it says in the description the settings I used, I would go a little more as mine has some small hairline fractures near the screws, but I've beat the hell out of it to an extent, and I probably didn't need to screw it down as tight as I did. My next print will be a little beefier.
Goodman handle by nagilum
(this was not my design and I take zero credit for it, I'm just grateful someone did)

I guess it's for a more even distribution on the back of the hand? Mine puts my flashlight directly over the top of the middle of the back of my hand. It's pretty comfortable, and was super cheap to make. As you can see in the pic, it does not protrude but a little bit past my knuckles this way.
Looks great. What do use for screws and where do you get them?

Looks great. What do use for screws and where do you get them?

I took it into my local hardware store and played around until I found what worked.

Attachments

• goodman_01.jpg
    goodman_01.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 99
  • goodman_02.jpg
    goodman_02.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 107
  • sw goodman handle.JPG
    sw goodman handle.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 92
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back