DIY Drygloves on ND Vortex drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have acquired the material to build drygloves for my new Vortex suit. I intend to facilitate the system the uses a piece of PVC tubing coupling squeezed inside the cuff seal. The dryglove(commercial or other type of latex-rubber glove) is fixed over the stretched piece or the cuff seal and secure via a vacuum belt.

I have faced several problem since a first tried to install the DIY system.
1) The drysuit has neoprene warm cuffs over the latex seals that will make it impossible to put the gloves on after putting on the suit, at least not on my own.
2) I got some smurf gloves, Showas, that although the most durable of the different types that I have bought, they are lined with cotton fabric on the inside. That will not seal against the latex seal of the suit as you can guess. I have tried to turn the glove's cuff on the inside (the first couple of centimeters)and glue it but the glove material doesnt stretch and it created folds that dont allow for a smooth surface to .

Any suggestions about the above problems? Preferably from anyone who has this type of suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom