DIY Dry Glove Rings/Gloves for $18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSCF0932-1.jpg

DSCF0933-1.jpg

NICE! I saw those gloves at HF too, but I wasn't sure how they would work. Looks like they work well.

I've found it to be a pain to stretch the O-rings on to the rings while wearing the suit, so I bought a 4" PVC storm water coupling to use as a tool. Stretch the o-rings over the 4" coupling before putting on the drysuit, then put on suit, put on gloves, slide hand into 4" coupling and roll off the O-rings. Do the other hand and toss the couling back in my gear bin. Super quick.

Jake

I had thought of that, but never really got around to buying the extra larger coupling. The round belts seemed to make it bearable to don w/o the larger coupling. The more I use this system of PACKETSNIFFER's the more I like it.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, especially to PacketSniffer for your contributions.

I have a 5 foot long, 3" I.D. PVC pipe from a landscaping project that I want to cut rings for the cuff. What length (roughly) was everyone using? The HomeDepot nearby that had 3" PVC Couplers had really thin walls and if I cut a channel, it'd break through. My pipe is about 1/4" thick. I'm planning to install them on a Whites Fusion and an Apollo Bio Pro neoprene w/Latex seals.

Edit: I just measured off 2 1/4" of pipe, strapped two hose clamps to help me make my hacksaw cuts straight. I was dremeling the edges smooth, but a router would be easier.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom