DIY Dive Gear from the local hardware store

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay,
So today I go to the hardware store. I am trying to build some DIY clips and stuff for some of my gear. Plus, I have some other random homeowner projects I gotta do around the house.

I go to the hardware store and I am reviewing my checklist of items when the salesperson asks if he can help me find anything. Since I was looking at my list, and without thinking, I just rattled off a number of items:

duct tape
electrical tape
surgical tubing
adhesive
hose clamps

At this point, it hits me that this list of items sounds oddly suspicious. Having already opened my mouth, I couldn't do anything about it. The sales guy just kind of looks at me -- you know, one of those looks of incredible, bizarre, concern -- and just says "okay".

As we are walking over to the duct tape, he tepidly asked "what are you building?" I just had to laugh.

heheheheheh

once we were in our local bunnings hardware store and hubby answers his phone

he says to his buddy "im in the plumbing section" and his buddy asks "so you decided to build the rebreather instead of buying did you?" :shocked:

Dude you need to shop in Paris for your Pony Bottle supplies.

Lorrine is gone but Sureleen her sister is at the store helping folks now.

She was having a time trying to reach up to where that Nylon webbing was too and had to climb a ladder to reach it.

She wears short shorts in the Summer time sort of like the gals down at Burger Land on North Main St. Thats 'cause it's hot here. And since most of the stuff I need at that hardware store is way up high hung on a nail where a person can't reach I get to hold the ladder while she climbs up to get what ever I came looking for.

That's what I call True Value Hardware :wink:

Dude you need to shop in Paris for your Pony Bottle supplies.

Lorrine is gone but Sureleen her sister is at the store helping folks now.

Hmmm...Sureleen, huh...what's her story? One leg shorter than the other?? :D

Yup, I've got those looks from the Home Depot clerk, too. Short PVC pipe, stainless steel screws and latches, aluminum strapping, acrylic plate, lead sheeting... He had to be thinking, "Either this guy has STRANGE plumbing, or he's making a pipe bomb of some sort."
Underwater housing for my video camera...

Shoulda seen the look I got at a local electrical supply house when I took in a battery pack of my HID to get some heatshrink tubing for it....

One of the best places to get clips on nylon webbing is the pet store. All the collars and just like the clips sold at the diveshop. some have metal d-rings attached. Check it out.
ie. petsmart/petco, etc.
R.D.

Cool. Thanks for the lead on the pet store.

Have some real fun, put on the register:

Metal clips of all types
Duct Tape
Eletrical Tape
Nylon rope
Depends Adult dipers
KY Jelly

Smile at the check out clerk and give them an air kiss.

Back
Top Bottom