DIY Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update on things:
The new CNC machined canisters and heads are on the way. Planning on full blown Type III Hardcoat anodizing. Parts should be in in a few weeks. These will all be the Cree MCE based lights with a Luxdrive driver.

I am currently working on 5 more lights that should ship out in a few days. This will make 11 total sold so far.

Thanks
Hector

So I just received my new P7 Light from Hector. And may I just say to everyone that it is bad ass! Very nice workmanship and freaking bright puts the Light Cannon I have been using to shame. Just thought I would pass this along for all those sitting on the fence this is a very good deal!

So I just received my new P7 Light from Hector. And may I just say to everyone that it is bad ass! Very nice workmanship and freaking bright puts the Light Cannon I have been using to shame. Just thought I would pass this along for all those sitting on the fence this is a very good deal!

Thanks for the great comment John. I had never fired it against a light cannon and I am really glad it's brighter!!! Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Hector

Here are some beam shots the picture on the left is a Light Cannon that was allowed to warm up for about 5 minutes. The Picture on the right is a shot of Hector's P7 light. The shots were taken with a Canon 30D with no auto adjusting for white balance. As everyone knows the Light Cannon uses a Welsh Allen 10 Watt HID.

Attachments

• IMG_7410.jpg
    IMG_7410.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_7411.jpg
    IMG_7411.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 131
Here are some beam shots the picture on the left is a Light Cannon that was allowed to warm up for about 5 minutes. The Picture on the right is a shot of Hector's P7 light. The shots were taken with a Canon 30D with no auto adjusting for white balance. As everyone knows the Light Cannon uses a Welsh Allen 10 Watt HID.

Heck, I'm impressed... Where do I get one of those lights? lol!
Thanks for posting those pics.

Heck, I'm impressed... Where do I get one of those lights? lol!
Thanks for posting those pics.

I here the guy sells them for $200!! :shocked2:

That should get you some hits:wink:

I here the guy sells them for $200!! :shocked2:

That should get you some hits:wink:

Yeah, that's the down payment to get on the list!!! lol!

BTW, the CNC units should be here in a few weeks. I am waiting for my new custom cut lenses so we can machine everything to fit in the head. The canisters are being finished tomorrow. I'll be going out to the machine shop to help with the placement of the latch holes. These are going to be really nice!!! Even nicer than the hand machined ones. Price is going up to $600 for the Cree MCE unit to make up for the additional cost of "perfection". These will be the first 20 that will be CNC'd.

I can still make the P7 based units, but will probably be manual until I can get funds to place a big order for them. Of course, once CNC the price of the P7 will go to $500.

Prices include shipping and Paypal.

And, oh, at this time, I have enough heads for 3 P7's and one Cree MCE... I also have 2 heads that will house 12W HID bulbs with cilyndrical ballast. The heads came out a bit bigger than I like (2 1/4") so I will be running a special deal on those... PM me if interested.

Thanks
Hector

That's a big difference in light. So what bulb and wattage does the P7 come with? I'm a little confused since there has been so much talk about this bulb and that bulb, different batteries, CNC'd or not CNC'd, etc.

That's a big difference in light. So what bulb and wattage does the P7 come with? I'm a little confused since there has been so much talk about this bulb and that bulb, different batteries, CNC'd or not CNC'd, etc.

P7 is between 10 and 12W LED
Cree MCE is 10W

The first batch of CNC canisters...

Attachments

• DSC00273.JPG
    DSC00273.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 143
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom