DIY Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are the 12 watt HID lights a narrow or wide angle beam?

They are wider. May be about 15 degrees vs 10 for the Cree 10w.

do you have just the canister and light body for a diy project? i want it to look good but i plan on putting an impressive led or leds in this diy project.

If you could put together a complete 21w version of a light and sell it in the 500-600$ range I would definitely be interested. The only question I would have is what sort of warranty would you offer if something goes wrong with the unit if it is related to defects in manufacture/assembly.

Just wanted to post this link again in case anybody wants to see this light in action. This is Hector's 10Watt Cree LED light being used at Makaha Caverns on Oahu. If you are at all concerned about light output, don't be, this light has plenty of power.

YouTube - Makaha Caverns

If you could put together a complete 21w version of a light and sell it in the 500-600$ range I would definitely be interested. The only question I would have is what sort of warranty would you offer if something goes wrong with the unit if it is related to defects in manufacture/assembly.

I offer a full 6 month warranty on the units...

21W for $500-600 range would have to be a miracle... Believe me. I've tried! There is actually quite a lot that goes into building these.

Thanks
Hector

If you could put together a complete 21w version of a light and sell it in the 500-600$ range I would definitely be interested.

Yeah, so would every other diver out there. :rofl3:

Hi Hector,

I had a look at Brian's light today and fell in love! Can you do one like it in blue or yellow?

Sandy
Brian has the plastic housing in plain (white). I would like to order one of those, please. Would you PM me with the price + shipping, please?

Brian has the plastic housing in plain (white). I would like to order one of those, please. Would you PM me with the price + shipping, please?
sent pm
Thanks

So Hector I have been reading every post there is about your light and a lot of reading on LED as well. So with out a doubt it looks like everyone loves it and your who I will buying my next dive light from. But I was wondering how about the 53mm 5 x Cree Q3 would work as a dive light, and if so would work on your current setup? Now if not on your current setup would you be willing to do some with this configuration, and is it worth it?

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom