DIY canister light kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue15

Contributor
Reaction score
For sale is a kit with all the parts you need to assemble your own DIY canister light. The kit includes

* canister made from schedule 120 PVC pipe - bottom plugged and sealed. Tested water tight.
* custom CNC polycarb canister lid
* converted M@g light - Can easily be upgraded to your own LED set up
* custom CNC polycarb stepped lense for light head
* 2 sets of all the o-rings needed to complete the kit (extras are always nice to have)
* 50 Watt halogen bulb and ceramic socket
* McMaster latches (stainless), glands, and environmentally sealed switch with boot
* stainless steel screws to install latches
* waterproof cable

All you need is to assemble the kit and add the battery
The canister will fit this battery:
NiMH Battery Pack 12V 4500mAh (50Wh 10x4/3AF ) for DIY Diving light: HID / Halogen - BL-H12V4500W5

The price is $200.00 to your door in the Continental US via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (tracking number). Shipping elsewhere is extra. For Paypal add $7.50. Insurance is an extra $5.00

Thanks for looking.
Steve

Attachments

• 100_2177.jpg
    100_2177.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_2178.jpg
    100_2178.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_2179.jpg
    100_2179.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 100_2181.jpg
    100_2181.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
The rest of the pics

Attachments

• lid 001.jpg
    lid 001.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 144
  • lid 002.jpg
    lid 002.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 142
  • lid 003.jpg
    lid 003.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 144
  • light head.jpg
    light head.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 196
Pardon me...but I'm a total noob when it comes to lights. I've been looking for lights to buy and doing a little research, but I'm still kind of in the dark...no pun intended lol.

This kit includes EVERYTHING except the battery? So from the link the battery costs ~$50, theorietically you could have a pretty nice canister light for $250? How do you recharge that battery? How hard is it to assemble? (I'm an Electrical Engineer...not a Mechanical Engineer haha) Does it come with instructions?

Thanks!

I've ordered the canister portion from you (looks great BTW), and have been trying to get the rest of the stuff together from multiple sources. Call me lazy, but how much for just the light head part of the kit?

If you need a charger also, there is a link on the battery page that will take you to the right one. It's $30. Here is the link for the charger
Multi-Current Universal Smart Charger for 9.6V - 18V NiMH Battery Packs (Tamiya Plug) , UL Listed - CH-UN180

You will also need connectors for the battery to be able to connect to the charger. Here is a link to several choices...
Connectors / Wires etc

As far as assembly, I can include directions but the information is out there. Let me know and I will type up directions and include them with the kit.

So bottom line...for less than $300 and a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon, you can have a great light that you can be proud of.

Steve

I need to put this sale on hold. I may need to scavange a part for a previously sold canister. I will post a new thread or reopen this one when I know .

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom