Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Froglady

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wandering if anyone was diving this weekend Jan 7-8? If so where and with who? Is it a fun dive, work related, instructional, etc?

Beast might be diving Sat. with Chrispete at Twin Lakes. Definately recreational.

Hi ya phinn bud..Say if your going to go out and watch those two blow bubbles..lmk...I`ll bring something to cook on the pit...supposed to be purdy this weekend.

Froglady:
Just wandering if anyone was diving this weekend Jan 7-8? If so where and with who? Is it a fun dive, work related, instructional, etc?

Would like to hit a local watering hole,,,but it looks questionable as of now. :06:

Froglady:
Will be at Twin Lakes for a couple of rec dives this Sunday.

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Comal River New Braunfels, Hinman Island Park Sunday 1 pm.

see previous post: http://scubaboard.com/t82785-.html

Hi Jay read your previous post. This dive sounds fascinating. Let me take a drift diving class down there first. Then I will be up to the challenge of your river.

Froglady:
Hi Jay read your previous post. This dive sounds fascinating. Let me take a drift diving class down there first. Then I will be up to the challenge of your river.

Froglady, I did my checkout dives in the Comal for my Open Water cert., in January 2004. It is not a difficult dive site, the current is fairly mild (although it is definitely a current), and it is a lot of fun to learn how to drift. There is a sandy patch where we descended for skills, in the pooled area by the dam. We were able to maintain our positions there, as the current is much weaker at that point. Be very careful when stepping down the stairs into the water, they can be extremely slick. I've seen several people bust it there, in full gear. Hold onto the rails.

A couple months after my cert, we went back there to dive a couple of days. Had a blast, and hope to return soon. It is a small river with it's own personality, you will enjoy it. The fish are very friendly, and it is a relaxing dive that you can actually stretch out to around 40-45 mins if you play in the pooled area for a while. The main problem is no air fills available, so take at least two tanks. You can get in 4-6 dives on two tanks as it is shallow.

Foo

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Comal River New Braunfels, Hinman Island Park Sunday 1 pm.

see previous post: http://scubaboard.com/t82785-.html

Dang wished we had seen your post earlier we would have been up for it..

I spent the better part of my afternoon cruising in my 1972 Chevelle, man it was nice out today!!

Back
Top Bottom