Diving with Sharks in Egypt!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice! Oceanic White Tips are on the short list of sharks that I really want to see.

I was surprised to see the Thresher at the 1:30 point. I thought that they were both very shy and deep water sharks.

Very nice. It seems like we had similar experiences. One of the highlights of 2016 for me was stepping off the back of the boat at Little Brother and almost landing on an oceanic whitetip. There were three of them hanging out around our boat. I got some nice pictures ...

IMG_6704.jpg

Also had a similar encounter to yours with the spinner dolphins ...

IMG_6890.jpg

And at Daedalus Reef, sitting at 145 feet surrounded by hammerheads ... that had to be the high point of my trip. It was much harder photography though ... they wouldn't let us get any closer than about 20 feet without moving away from us.

IMG_6844.jpg

Red Sea is an amazing place ... definitely at the top of my list of best places I've ever been diving ... your video captures it beautifully ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Love the red sea, for anyone wondering best places and times in the year to see them.

May - July is considered the best time to hammerheads at daedalus but recently they seem to have good viewings all year round.
October - December head for brothers and just stay there. Thresher sharks down on the plateus and oceanics under the boat. saw grey reefs, white tip reef sharks and an unexpected hammerhead last november.

I'm going to Cocos Island in May and hoping to see lots of sharks there. Nice video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom