Diving with old equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I used to be an experienced diver (250+ dives, PADI Dive Master) but I lost my interest in diving after I became ill (kidney failure) in 2003. I never sold my equipment as I always thought that one day I would dive again, but I have now reached the conclusion this is not to be. What are peoples thoughts on my selling my equipment, specifically TUSA platina BCD and Apeks 1st and 2nd stage TX40 regs? Neither has been serviced since 2003, should I just discard them? If I had them serviced, checked out and sold them on ebay, would you guys think that responsible? If theres value in my equipment, and someone can use them, then great, but I dont want to put anyone at risk. Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers!

I would sell them (on ebay) as is including the fact that they have not been used or serviced since 2003. It would not be to your benefit to have them service as some buyers will want to service their own and other are going to run them through their service provider anyway.

Or you could just split it up between me and AWAP!

OK your right E-bay and note that it needs service.......

BTW 2003 is not vintage... that's practically new.
I'm putting my 1986 gear back together and this sub forum thinks that is "new" These guys are dealing with "sea hunt" stuff.

I resemble that remark Wolfie. :)
Mussels, your gear is no where close to vintage- to us it's darn near new, my go to reg is a 1964 DA Aquamaster and my "new" reg is a 99 Apeks/Zeagle. In any case, the Apeks is still a great reg and once serviced it would be a great addition to any divers kit. I would not have it serviced, the cost will not get you much if any extra value on ebay. Regs are sold everyday on ebay that are way past service and honestly, any reg bought off ebay should be checked reguardless of what the sellers says. If you don't want to go to the hassel of ebay, find a young local diver who is just getting started and make his day with the provision he must have it serviced before use. In any case don't trash it, better yet take it somewhere warm and go diving again, you may find the warm water and pretty fish restore your interest.

Welcome to the board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom