Diving With Oci And Cobalt 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,
I just moved this thread form the Oceanic forum to here. I was not paying attention, when I posted.

My question is what algorithm would be best to use in conjunction to my Cobalt 2? I am guessing I want to use DSAT, as I am using the Cobalt 2 Standard Risk Level setting.

OCi runs - Pelagic DSAT and Pelagic Z+

Cobalt 2- RGBM Standard, Conservative and intermediate.

Thanks All,

DSAT is less conservative than PZ+. DSAT is what I choose to use on my Oceanic computer.

With those 2 computers, I would run the OCi on DSAT. Then when diving, I would follow whichever one is showing a more conservative (i.e. shorter) NDL. If the Cobalt is giving you shorter NDLs than the OCi with DSAT, then you can consider whether you want to adjust the Cobalt to a less conservative setting, or just go with it as is. Or make it more conservative, if so inclined.

By following whichever one is showing a shorter NDL, you will be less likely to get bent and you will also avoid putting either computer into Violation mode.

Thanks Stuartv. I appreciate the feedback.

In the 2014 ScubaLab testing, the Atomic Aquatics RGBM ran quite close to the Oceanic DSAT. It was easily the most liberal of the RGBM algorithms. I would imagine the two algorithms would run similarly and would be the best match. Try it out and let us know how you do.

A link to the ScubaLab data and a discussion of the same is in the recent SB dive computer thread: New Diver, New Computer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom