Diving with contacts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check post #94

That would not be one or more. That would be one symptom. One occasional symptom does not a diagnosis make.

I asked why you removed the reference to your symptoms after posting it. Not why you removed it and then put it back after I pointed it out. In that now deleted and restored part of your post you clearly stated that you've experienced every symptom except blisters and your earlier posts indicated that the symptoms happened on most or all dives that approach no-deco limits not only for you but your wife as well.

That's not an "occasional single symptom".

Look do what you want you are clearly set in your ways and I hope they don't come back to bite you in the cornea.

I asked why you removed the reference to your symptoms after posting it. Not why you removed it and then put it back after I pointed it out.
Caruso, I didn't take it out and put it back in. I just looked up through the posts until I found where I had written that.

I think we have had enough fun here. It is obvious that some people dive with RGP's without eye threatening problems. The problems seen in studies were with a contact lens material from the past that is not permeable. I will understand if you don't want to wear RGP's while diving.

Caruso, I didn't take it out and put it back in. .

Ok, apparently my mistake you didn't post it/delete it/repost it. Somehow it wasn't visible when I took another look at it, let's leave it alone.

You clearly posted about having multiple symptoms of cornea edema that you choose to ignore because you have this belief that the problem resides within the contact lens and has nothing to do with your eye. For no other good reason than that's what you choose to believe.

First time you mentioned it you weren't nearly as staunch in your beliefs.

My impression is that the RPG's are offgassing, but I don't know.

I'll give you this much, there's nothing more to be said here, although I don't describe it as "fun".

Back
Top Bottom