diving with a transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 6in hose.... when geared up. Where does it lie.? On your shoulder? Or just hang from behind? Sorry but a bit of on free hanging stuff and banging around
I just let it hang and dangle. It just hangs from behind. I have the same setup with my Atomic B2 and it has not been an issue. I've seen picture on the forum where the Tx with the 6" hose is tucked under the 1st stage and the between the valve and the BP.

It does not really bang around when you are in the water. Also, with the valve turned on and air in the hose, the hose is quite stiff so it is not as flexible as you think it would be.

What you are proposing should work fine. My last trip had me diving doubles with the transmitter on a stubby hose between the tanks (so behind my head/neck/shoulders). No issues.

The above picture is a fine example....
Wow, a compliment and approval from one of the Grand Poobahs. This definitely made my day! :yeahbaby:

You shouldn't even start to have an issue with that. You don't even need a short hose, but it won't harm you either. Just have fun.

I just let it hang and dangle. It just hangs from behind. I have the same setup with my Atomic B2 and it has not been an issue. I've seen picture on the forum where the Tx with the 6" hose is tucked under the 1st stage and the between the valve and the BP.

It does not really bang around when you are in the water. Also, with the valve turned on and air in the hose, the hose is quite stiff so it is not as flexible as you think it would be.

this is interesting... tuck under the 1st stage. maybe bungee it?

Screw straight into the first stage...done!

Perdix on my left wrist and TX on the right side of first stage (single BM), have never lost signal.

I prefer the computer on my right wrist anyway, not because I'm left handed, but I found it more comfortable when practicing to rescue another diver using his bcd to have the computer always in sight while my left arm is rather holding the victims inflator up :)

Extending the tx with a short hose in my opinion just adds one more point of failure... apart from giving some overzealous diveboat dogsbody one more grip to pull on...

Cheers,
Peter

Recent photo showing transmitter on 6” HP hose on right side of first stage.

I like it on the hose as it puts less stress on the transmitter. I’m constantly switching it between single tank and doubles regs.

F73658DB-359D-4270-BDD5-E922F28F8EBB.jpeg

I prefer the computer on my right wrist anyway, not because I'm left handed, but I found it more comfortable when practicing to rescue another diver using his bcd to have the computer always in sight while my left arm is rather holding the victims inflator up :)

Extending the tx with a short hose in my opinion just adds one more point of failure... apart from giving some overzealous diveboat dogsbody one more grip to pull on...

Cheers,
Peter

Actually, the reason for using a 6" hose is to prevent what you have just described from incurring more serious damage to the tx. Imagine if the boat hand grabs on to the tx that is screwed on directly to the 1st stage instead of a hose. The hose has a bit more give so all you will get its a broken hose as opposed to a cracked tx.

It happened to me couple of years ago. The first dive in the morning was like clockwork and when I got rigged up to enter the water for the second dive, my tx hose was leaking and I had to take the tx out and find a port slug to plug it in. Once the dive was done, I inspected the hose and someone obviously grabbed and pulled the tx and the hose became disjointed.

Again, nothing's wrong with not using a hose. Just a difference in opinion and preference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom