Diving with a steel tank and a wetsuit??? A dangerous idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
xiSkiGuy:
Perhaps you should have read the DIR forum rules before posting. Then you might understand what type of answers you were going to get and what types of posts would be deleted. Try the search feature if you are curious about other points of view. There are many threads on this very topic.

I did and didn't find it inconsistant. However it seems pretty clear that choosing to post on the DIR forum was clearly a mistake on my part. I have pm TsandM to relocate my post under the general "tech diving" forum.

somewhereinla:
I did and didn't find it inconsistant. However it seems pretty clear that choosing to post on the DIR forum was clearly a mistake on my part. I have pm TsandM to relocate my post under the general "tech diving" forum.

Good move to have your thread moved.....there is a WHOLE world of 'real' technical diving outside the confines of DIR!!

**Guess the MOD will delete this post too.

AndrewJD:
I've always like this post regarding the issue of steel vs. aluminum for wetsuit diving...

Jonathan
While that is an excellent post, it does leave out the variable buoyancy available in your lungs.

somewhereinla:
I very much wish you had PM me before deleting anything as to what my thoughts were. Or at the very least repost it under another broader forum. I am quiet stunned...why in the world would you do something like that? :shakehead The spirit of this post is about a possible safety issue, raised by someone with obvious experience in the field of technical diving. I don't think that any posts with answers about safety issues should be deleted.

Why don't you re-post it under the general tech diving forum instead?

so much for the free circulation of ideas.
NetDoc:
6) The answers in this forum are member's best attempts to answer questions within, and according the DIR diving philosophy. If you wish to give a non-DIR answer, please do not post it in this forum. If you do not wish your question to be limited to DIR answer, please ask it in another applicable forum.

It was assumed that you wanted a DIR answer because you posted in the DIR forum. No PM was necessary.

texdiveguy:
.....there is a WHOLE world of 'real' technical diving outside the confines of DIR!!

**Guess the MOD will delete this post too.

***??
This is why the rules are as they are in here. Folks like you love to come in here and just start pushing people buttons. You are all about personal preference until someone's personal preference is GUE - then you take offense.

To the OP, your post never needed to be in here to begin with. You ran into an ******* who, in your own words, was "obviously an experience diver and a tech diver as well". That has zero to do with DIR.

I not a tech diver or anything but all the instructors and dive masters I know dive steel and wet suits and they all go deep for spearfishing and dsont have any problem doing it you can aways drop weight

Jason B:
***??
This is why the rules are as they are in here. Folks like you love to come in here and just start pushing people buttons. You are all about personal preference until someone's personal preference is GUE - then you take offense.

You could not be be more wrong....I posted a well thought out reply prior to the MOD 'striking' it along with a few other early in the thread....it totally addressed diver safety.

DIR divers are all over other sub forums through out this SB site injecting DIR philosophy and pers. choice to readers/OP. And I never mentioned GUE.

I think it is so silly that this DIR sub forum has to be 'protected' by its own special set of 'rules' and MODs lurking as its own special guard force....least it appears as such.

In this case the OP by his own statements he was not really sure as to were to post his general safety questions regarding steel tanks and wet suits. I answered his question....it just did not meet the 'special rules'. Even the OP questioned and was outwardly upset by the MODs actions for removing several replies.

"Folks like you love to come IN HERE and just start pushing people buttons."---- IN HERE....?

I hope the OP finds the answers to a good question.....he needs to look other places though.

WHY does every single topic in this forum turn into a pro/anti DIR debate of some form?

The DIR forum is for discussion of DIR. The end. If you want to debate other philosophies, post your question in the general Tech Diving forum.

If DIR chaps your *** so much, why do you browse it so often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom