Diving with a Cannister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi. Thank you for the reply.

I should have made the question more specific.

a) How effective is the canister light in Thailand? If I can remember correctly, there's a lot of ambient light in the water. What size (wattage) of light do you use in Thailand so that the light is useful for the purpose of signalling.

I am debating whether or not to bring my can light...or am I better off leaving it at home, and stowing the long hose under the knife sheath?

I do not think a good answer can be given until you explain more fully what type of dives you are planning to do in Thailand.

For example if you are going to do some cave diving or wreck penetration the answer would be yes. If you are doing shallow reef dives the answer might be no. But then again it might not be since you mention your using a long hose and hence you might be diving in a certain configuration that would benefit from keeping it standard.

Over to you for more clarification.

If in doubt bring it since it really does not add much to the weight of the luggage. Just remember to pack the batteries in your carry on not checked luggage.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom