Diving with 2 boat anchors instead of weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread was about a recent dive which I chose to share with the community. It was deemed to be a joke by the moderating staff and moved to a different suborum where it will not be taken seriously so I have chosen to delete it.

That's too bad, diving with alternative weights is never a joke.

Bob

That's too bad, diving with alternative weights is never a joke.

I posted about it on my FB page and it was shared on James Lapenta's FB group. I have gotten a lot of feedback. Including my girlfriend who posted which confirms this isn't a fabricated story. If anyone's interested pm me and I'll send the link.

The only potentially dangerous part of the entire thing was my too rapid ascent when I couldn't properly vent my overinflated BCD (due to being overweighted) because both hands were occupied with boat anchors.

Including my girlfriend who posted which confirms this isn't a fabricated story.

No need, anyone diving for any length of time has forgot a belt and had to make accommodation. Since I've been using a BP/W, I only have a 10 or so pound belt so all I have to do is get deep enough to get that amount of crush on my wetsuit and I'm good. Diving with a jacket, as you described, is much more challenging.

Bob

@caruso
Dude, that was funny stuff and a good read...
Too bad it's deleted now...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom