Diving with 2 boat anchors instead of weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good story... if you're ever in need of a buddy PM me...

Enjoyable read. Besides an (unsuccessful) lost anchor search I did off half moon beach a couple years back, I haven't done any boat diving in the sound, but I've been wanting to.

I haven't done any boat diving in the sound, but I've been wanting to.

Anyone who wants to join me for a few hours of diving in the LI sound on Thursdays or Sundays (my days off) please contact me via the messaging system and we'll exchange contact info. Diving is pretty much solo due to the low vis. We'd take turns diving off the boat so it's not left unattended.

I would have loved to have seen that :D
I have to ask though, did you pull the anchor that was connected to your boat with you during the dive...?

I would have loved to have seen that :D
I have to ask though, did you pull the anchor that was connected to your boat with you during the dive...?

Yes, sorry I thought that was clear- I was carrying both anchors until I reached the barge and hooked them off.

Yes, sorry I thought that was clear- I was carrying both anchors until I reached the barge and hooked them off - the loose one with about 10' of nylon covered chain that I was using as a replacement for the weights, and the second anchor with 90' of line and a boat attached to it. I probably pulled the boat about 10 years before finding the wreck, but it wasn't that difficult, I was mostly moving with the current.
Well colour me impressed, seeing someone drag along two anchors would be funny enough, but add a boat attached to one of the anchors and it's hysterical :D

Back
Top Bottom