diving west michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USANDMIKEY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all new to the board here, im making a trip home to michigan around the muskegon area in AUG. im wanting to take a day to go diving can any one recomend a charter boat between ludington to grand haven.

You may want to check out these guys in Holland called Oceans Sands Scuba, they run Charters out of Muskegon. Ocean Sands Scuba I have not used them before but their in the right area and they seem reasonably priced to me.

Also, information on most of the wrecks is available here MSRA - Lake Michigan Shipwreck Diving Map if you can scare up a boat and want to go on your own.

Good luck, and stay warm out there

thanks ill check them out getting a boat isnt the problem i dont know to many people that dive back home

Pm superstar. He's the local dive enthusiast in the area.

went out saturday afternoon with brad aka. superstar. we dove the salvor, great dive waves on lake mi were in that 2 to 3 ft mark vis was 15 to 20ft im thinking and temps were alot warmer than i expected my thermometer read in the mid 60s. lots of fish on the wreak. after burning up a tank on the salvor we went to check out another wreck the name im unsure of but its right off of muskegon state park in only a couple feet of water not much to see but a few pieces of wood and iron and what im guessing was the ancor chain. most of the wreak is buried in the sand bar, i was able to figure out how to get down to the site the next day to take my kids down for a snorkling session. all in all a great trip a huge thanks to superstar for takeing me out. i look forward to being able to do it agian some time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom