Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is not about wearing a Rolex. It is about having a Rolex Submariner as a diver. Is it worth it?

No, it is not. Go get a Shearwater.

I love dive watches, especially Seikos. "Tool watches" for the most part. Every single one has been on a dive or two.

All of my uncles were military in the 50s-70s (huge family), and they all wore Seikos, so to me a Seiko dive watch reminds me of them.

My rule is never own a watch that costs more than a vacation, or that would tempt me to take a risk to recover it if it went overboard.

I love the tech that goes into them (engineer) so I have a few unusual ones (like a 'vintage' Hyper Aqualand). Everything from a $50 Casio MDV (great watch), through some Seikos and Citizens, up to what was my "unicorn", the watch I wanted since I was a kid.

Do I need them for diving? No. Do I wear them diving? Yes - watches are there to be worn, get some dings, get some character, live a little :)

marine-master-1000-metal-band-on-arm.jpeg

Get a Rolex, something to aspire to

http://www.rolexmagazine.com/2010/04/profiles-in-coolness-robert-redford.html

There is no other reason required

full.jpg

My rich mate bought a Rolex it was a movement that inspired him a gold one with a leather band before he was rich before he could afford it and then later he bought the gold band.

It's really heavy and he became richer and at parties some men would judge him and ask him to pass it to them to see if it was fake and others would admire and wanted to feel its strength power and richness

I didn't buy a Rolex

Look at the smiles on these guys

View attachment 638555

These are Rolex smiles

Nice watches?

Sure, but I've also seen both actors drink Coca-Cola and Coors in the movies -- and a celebrity's use of a thing certainly doesn't make me desire that swill, or any other product they're flogging, for that matter, any more than before . . .

Yes just as you are not the audience for my posts

Oh, my . . . scusi; I didn't recognize the rarified air . . .

Everybody's got a Rolex. If you want to blow many thousands on a divers' watch, why not the prototype for all modern dive watches?

Blancpain-Fifty-Fathoms-Divers-Month-1.jpe

The original Blancpain Fifty Fathoms from hautetime.com. There are many fancier versions available today.

More at A Brief History of The Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (and a ton of other pages and videos a Google search away).

Look at the smiles on these guys

View attachment 638555

These are Rolex smiles
Sure, and Paul Newman got his the hard way. He won the 24 Hours at Daytona. (In 1979 his car finished 2nd overall, but first in class.)

Two I dive with, the other is my every day wear, I should sell the others [and I have plenty of 'others'] as they are not worn much.
20210126_082908 (1).jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom