Diving trips from Cairns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife, daughters and I dove with Silverswift over Christmas of 2011 and had a great experience. We had just completed our AOW in September but didn't have many open water dives under our belt. They did a first class job taking care of us and making sure things went smooth. I would recommend them highly.

Another vote for the liveaboard. More diving and at this stage of your dive life more diving is the best way to improve. I've been on a few liveaboards (In Australia I did Mike Ball's Spoilsport. At my age and health I usually limit myself to 4 dives max per day but I make exceptions when on a liveaboard. And don't worry about the crowd. I've never been on a boat where I couldn't find several great folks to hang with and it is easy to ignore a "bad apple", if there is one. Maybe someone with more experience in Australia can chime in on this topic, went with the Spoilsport because it is on outer reefs (ribbon and osprey reefs) so I didn't have to worry about those nasty box jellies because they spawn in fresh water and I figured they would not be able to find me out there. That may or may not (probably not) be a factor. I loved the diving there but it ranked second to the Australians. Best people I've ever met!

I spent an amazing three days on spirit of freedom in July and also dive a day boat. The live aboard diving was far superior.

I have to recommend Mike Ball Spoilsport also. It is expensive if you are on a student budget (or any budget, to be honest) but the crew are absolutely amazing and the diving superb. The 4 night trip ends with a fabulous low level flight over the reef back to Cairns in a private charter plane. Or the 7 night trip brings you back to Cairns on Spoilsport. Food was fantastic, safety aspects of the diving was spot on (first time I've ever been loaned a radio/GPS unit on a liveaboard!). I'm sure you had a good time with Divers Den but if you are ever back in Cairns and can find the money to fund it you won't regret a Mike Ball trip.

Back
Top Bottom