Diving this Sat.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptainKidd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Everyone!

Myself and a couple of peeps I work with are planning on diving this Sat. morning sometime. Most likely in the Malibu area. Anyone interested in joining the fun? We haven't picked a spot yet, so we're open to suggestions. :D

This is not intended to take away from the already scheduled Sat. dive that Rickster put together, but rather an additional option for those who can't make it up to Oxnard that early.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Dan

humm....... now i have to choose between 3 dives

I may be coming down there to dive. Looks like nobody is coming up here, Sat. Where are you diving? and when? Not too late, I hope. High tide is going to be at 6am and Low at 10:30am

Rick

Looks like ill be diving Oxanard w/ ya rick :) im kinda tired of diving malibu

Well, for those who may want to come along...

We're thinking either Malibu Road, El Matador or Big Rock (as a backup). I'd really like to dive El Matador, but Malibu Road will be fine too. So far, over the past couple of days, Malibu has seen consistent surf in the 1-2' range, so hopefully conditions will be OK. As for time; I'm going to try for about 9:30ish. I show the tides as follows: AM LOW TIDE - 1:05am, AM HIGH TIDE - 7:46am, AM LOW TIDE (#2) - 11:08am.

Wish I could get there earlier, but I have an obligation first thing in the morning. Still, should be fun and I'm not to concerned about the tides or conditions. Unless something drastically changes between now and then.

Let me know if you'd like to hang out.

Dan

oops! You are right about the tides, sorry. I was reading the 11th instead of the 12th.

As a side note: The best dives are during slack tide, just after high tide, or second best, at slack tide after low tide times. I have seen the vis go from less than 1 ft during tide change to over 12-15ft with in a hour. Tide timing in SoCal is the key to the best dives. On the other hand, I love to dive early, so I take what I can get, then:D As long as I get wet, I never have any complaints.

You guys have a good and safe dive!

Rick

Last edited:
UPDATE!

OK, My obligation in the morning has vanished. Therefore I can dive earlier. YAY! Now, here's the really kewl part. A guy came into the shop today and wants to dive with us (who's ever going), and he happens to have a beach house right near Nicholas Canyon. Now, he said, if we want, we can use his house as a base to dive from. That's right, beach access doesn't get much easier than that. 10 feet out of of the front door and yer in the water!!! So, if anyone wants to go, let me know ASAP. We're thinking of 8:30am dive time.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom