Diving the Zenobia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a business trip scheduled for Cyprus in February and am hoping to take an extra day to dive the Zenobia whilst I am there.

Does anyone have any suggestions - recommendations for local operators I might dive with?

Presumably in February it will be bl**dy freezing (I hear people go skiing in Cyprus in the winter)?

Chris at Dive-In Cyprus in Larnaca is a good bet, he knows that ship like the back of his hand and has done some seriously deep penetrations into it.

Hmmm... February in the Med. I'd be in my drysuit, but you might get away with a well-fitting, good-quality 7mm semi-dry. It all depends on how much you feel the cold.

Mark

Hi there, I presume you are staying in the south, if so I would highly recommend Joey at Cyprus Diving Centres, Ayia Napa Protaras. PADI Scuba Courses Top bloke, course director and knows the wreck inside out, he is about 20\30 mins away, we are in the North so a bit further for us to go, some divers wear drysuits although you can get away with a good 5mm, I use a waterproof 5mm in the winter and it is fine and I,ve been here 3 years, depends how much you feel the cold, hope this helps.

Thanks. Definitely hoping I won't need a drysuit... never worn one yet, hoping never to start.

Hello Rhone Man,

Zenobia is a great dive spot.
Here are some sentences I've written about it: Seayoo, the worldwide sea lovers community

Here's the dive center which is "owner of" the Zenobia: Zenobia Dive

Keep in mind, Zenobia is a deep and long dive, so a wetsuit should help you to feel better during the dive.

Have fun there!

Michel

Shoot a PM as time gets closer. I'm always up for a Zen dive as long as work cooperates. I just moved out here in July and have almost 30 dives on the Zenobia so far. What city will you be staying in? Most of the dive shops on the island will be closed in Feb still. Dive-in in Larnaca stays open year round and are probably the best when it comes to diving the Zenobia. Are you looking at doing any penetration dives? Mixed gas? The water will be a bit chilly, I'm still diving a shorty at 20 degrees. 16 is expected in Feb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom