Cyprus Dives, Zenobia Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Alpha divers website:

Who is The Zenobia for?​

From a fairly simple dive to 15 metres, along the starboard side of the ship (which is suitable for relatively newly qualified divers).

I would get as many dives in before you dive the Zenobia, and get in touch with the shop ahead of time to see what they recommend.

All year round operation. How's October? Would a newly certified diver be able to take a look at the wreck?
I will be in Cyprus for a convention in July. I hope to get in a few dives., so I will be renting most equipment I'm in touch with Christos Patsalides to dive with his dive center. I'll follow up with this thread upon my return.

I'll be In Cyprus for holidays this summer, would love to get in a "proper dive" on the Zenobia. Does anyone know of a shop that would offer a "tech-(lite) dive" on the Zenobia without having to dive several days?
Hoping to avoid the way to frequent short dives that holiday-dives seems to yield.

I'm happy to do a checkout dive in the morning the same day or so. Was thinking to bring computer/lights/drysuit and rent the rest.

Scubatechdivers will only do the Zenobia as "2nd day dive" and I doubt I'll be able to get two days of diving in. Just to be clear - I do fully understand their policy, but was hoping to find a shop that would be willing :)
get wet divers - Ben wrench

Ben took us everywhere and we did some great penetration dives in the engine room and auxiliary engine room -Ive dived with Ben on the Mikhail Lermontov -which in my opinion has the best penetration diving ive ever done

I recently moved to Cyprus and was diving yesterday in a 3mm wetsuit, water was 25c on the surface and 22c at depth.
Give it six months and you'll be diving dry all year 🤣

I dived the Zenobia with Alpha Divers back in June 2019 and it was 18/19C and very happy I brought my drysuit.

I'll be In Cyprus for holidays this summer, would love to get in a "proper dive" on the Zenobia. Does anyone know of a shop that would offer a "tech-(lite) dive" on the Zenobia without having to dive several days?
Hoping to avoid the way to frequent short dives that holiday-dives seems to yield.

I'm happy to do a checkout dive in the morning the same day or so. Was thinking to bring computer/lights/drysuit and rent the rest.

Scubatechdivers will only do the Zenobia as "2nd day dive" and I doubt I'll be able to get two days of diving in. Just to be clear - I do fully understand their policy, but was hoping to find a shop that would be willing :)
Depends where you are stating in Cyprus. TD Diving Limassol will do Tech dives there or if you in Larnaca area Dive-In Larnaca do Tech dives daily.

Like a drysuit or wetsuit? Boots, mask, computer...
Everything but mask and dive computer. Those are easy to carry.

So, I went with Alpha Divers, had two awesome 90 minute dives. Drysuit was as always the appropriate gear as it was as cold as 20°C in the cargo holds.

Great shop BTW, not a million papers to fill out apart from a standard waiver, fast and efficient. Recommend asking to "stop by the bakery" on the way to the boat 👍🍪

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom