Diving the unknown....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racedude1984

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm not sure what everyone else thinks. But I like diving anywhere. There doesn't even have to be anything there. Being in Florida There is an endless possibility of entry points to water but it doesn't really have to be a wreck, reef, ledge or anything. I just like going out and swiming along and seeing the fish and different scenery. I do slot of shore diving. Am I weird to like diving this way? I do like seeing the more poular places but I get more of a kick out of exploring and seeing places where diving are not expected to go.

Josh,
Not a thing wrong with it, IMO. This the same type of diving I have been enjoying for decades. I have spent many happy hours just puttering around the bottom of local rivers with nothing special to see or do. You don't need wrecks or reefs or anything special to enjoy being underwater. Some of my happiest times are spent just sitting by myself in shallow water (15 to 20 ft.) with a can of Cheez Whiz (or a couple of jars of those fish eggs you get at bait shops) feeding the fish. Whatever type of diving you enjoy doing (wherever you enjoy it) is good diving.

As we used to say back in the '70s, "If it feels good, do it!"

I've been diving like that my whole life. I've only been on a half dozen dive trips outside of New England. How about night diving? That's diving squared! IMO the best time to dive. Most life in the ocean is nocturnel so you'll see things you've never seen before and wouldn't see during the day.

If there was an ocean in Ohio I'd do all my diving here. But, alas, there is none and lake and quarry diving is a bust to me. But if you like crowds, green water, mud bottoms, old airplanes and busses and a variety of carp, bass, bluegills and catfish you are in heaven here. The rivers are so polluted and their visibility is zero so forget that too. So, it's Soutwest Airlines to Ft. Laud and a rental car on to the Upper Keys. Costs more but it's worth it. I really like Ohio with the climate and change of seasons and I don't envy much about anything but I do envy those living near the ocean for only one reason, the ability to go diving all of a sudden and cheap.

I've actually wanted to dive some rivers. Just to swim around I like re4ading about people finding bikes, old trucks, lawn mowers and such.

I think I learned how much fun it is just looking around from when I first started diving I spent most my time looking for the exact spot. I remember very well spending 2/3 my air looking for the sugar barge in bradenton, Fl. We actually had alot of fun chasing fish and picking threw the sand dollars.

I guess I just feel that there is no greatest spot of any water nor is there the perfect spot but it is all beutiful and fun in some sort of way. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom