Diving the spill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm afraid you are confusing other posters with journalists. We SB posters are not being paid to provide you with our time and research.

Anyone wishing to verify the information could simply Google "BP search Engines" and get the story directly from CBS, ABC, and many other sources. No demagoguery was involved.

But, since you ask:

BP Buys Search Engine Phrases Redirecting Users - ABC News

BP Buys 'Oil Spill' Term on Search Engines - CBS News

I would never insult ScubaBoard posters by confusing them with journalists.:eyebrow:

OK, then, "ABC, CBS, and many other sources reported that BP..."

Not so hard, really.

I would never insult ScubaBoard posters by confusing them with journalists.:eyebrow:

Case in point:

CBS News:
(CBS) BP has purchased the specific words terms on online search engines so that users will be more likely to be directed to the oil giant's site when searching for terms including "oil spill", "volunteer" and "claims."

Is that even a sentence?

I am not a journalist and I am not saying that SB posters are. Its sad you have reacted the way you have to my post, since I was simply expressing myself and sharing my concern on a matter that affects us all.

Clearly in your eyes it’s not a forum for all.

No offence was intended

Look, that Youtube vid was a bit pointless.

Here's a vid of us going diving into an area of known oil pollution.

Here we are, diving into the oil polluted water. Look how polluted it is. There's oil everywhere.

This is my redneck mate who's a 'science buddy' that's wandering around with a chunk of coral in his hand, but it's ok, coz he has a license.

Please, it has the editorial content of a comic.

The oil spill is horrendous. It's what happens when we dig great big holes into wells of oil and it goes wrong. We can bang on about who's fault it is, but in the end, it's our fault. We have an insatiable dependability on fossil fuel.

Why we're all good to sit on an internet forum chomping away at who's to blame, we'll put it away and continue to live our lives as normal, status quo.

The real question is, what are you, this person who's reading this, gonna do about it. Starting from today. Because the real change starts here.

I am not a journalist and I am not saying that SB posters are. Its sad you have reacted the way you have to my post, since I was simply expressing myself and sharing my concern on a matter that affects us all.

Clearly in your eyes it’s not a forum for all.

No offence was intended

Hi Bubbles,

I think you have misinterpreted the posts between Diver Tim and myself. We were addressing each other, not you or your post. Reread posts #8 and # 31.

I read your post and it was well written and I agree with what you said.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike

Case in point:

Is that even a sentence?

Glad you were able to verify my assertion that BP has mounted an energetic PR campaign aimed at influencing public opinion in its favor.

BP has made a corporate decision to spend lots of money in a ridiculously transparent and obviously futile effort to make themselves look good, at a time when the costs of their accident are escalating to levels that threaten BP's corporate survival.

It has been reported that BP's share value has been cut in half, and their dividend has been suspended. These are not symptomatic of a firm in strong financial health.

Red flags for BP far from public eye MarketWatch First Take - MarketWatch

Every dollar squandered smearing lipstick on the BP pig is a dollar that will not be available to pay to clean up the mess and reimburse the victims of this spill, the worst environmental disaster in American history.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom