Diving the quarries at New Halls Ferry and Douglas in North County

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JAWISA1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone dove the quarries located at the end of New Halls Ferry in far north St. Louis County as there are two large water filleed quarries there that look nice from pictures on Google Earth? The address is 3009 Douglas Road, Florissant, MO 63034. They look very clear and deep.

I talked to Diane at Y-Kiki and she said that last year a few divers were allowed to dive the quarries. They noted that the South quarry was down to about 120ft and the North one was considerably less but that they were both in the process of filling so the max depth would increase significantly. They both had decent viz buit that the South one was better. Hopefully one day the curent owner will consider allowing others to dive the site or sell for a amount that a local shop could afford.

That is something to keep an eye on, for sure. Thanks for the info.

I have been watching this quarry over the past couple years and it looks like the owner is letting it fill even fuller. It appears that the water level has risen at least 20' which makes this a great opportunity to dive. Does anyone have any contacts with Lueke's Hauling as they own the property? Please let me know as I know this would be a great in town location. Check out Google Earth. It show the progression over the last 20years as the site has filled.

UPDATE:

The quarries continue to rise as shown on the attached images from a few months back. I along with a few local Florissant Divers are reaching out to the owner to see if there is an option to dive this. More to follow. Florissant dive site.jpg

Back
Top Bottom