Diving the Morrison tomorrow morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On New Year's Day I wanted to do a second dive, but all my potential buddies were already making waves toward the local pub........... ah well not much to do but to follow them! LOL (It really was quite a warm day, considering)

Dumb question time.........
How far is the wreck from shore??????
I've only ever walked across ice and snow to drop right down on top of it......
But, you know all that ice and snow does tend to distort the perception of distance and such.
Just wondering

sharkybait:
Dumb question time.........
How far is the wreck from shore??????
I've only ever walked across ice and snow to drop right down on top of it......
But, you know all that ice and snow does tend to distort the perception of distance and such.
Just wondering

It is a swim but not too much - about 300', may be less. Takes 5 to 10 mins depending on how fast you swim.

Water temps last week was 37F on my computer and 43F on another divers' one - mine could have been cold (outside was 27F and snowing).

Viz sucked big time due to winds the day before, but there was lot of fish

Yea, there were alot of fish wern't there. Did you manage to get any good shots?

Dave

vlada:
Viz sucked big time due to winds the day before, but there was lot of fish

More like 400 feet from shore (if I recall, I saw it writen somewhere as 420'). But since it's not a huge wreck, nor a great depth, the trip out and back just add to the therapy (or bottom time if you prefer).

Anyone see the tent type, Ice hut that Canadian Tire has advertised? Comes in a 2 man and 4 man version, nearly a cube and some type of pins to hold it down on the ice. At first glance, it looks like it'd make a decent shelter for gearing up/down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom