diving the breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo once bubbled...
I'll be on the Cypress Sea Sat morning for 3 tanks - where are you diving?

We havent decided yet.We will either be beach diving at breakwater,lovers or monastery or we may go boat diving if his buddy brings his boat out.Either way im gettting wet...lol.I wouldnt mind doing monastery again as i haven't dove there in a while now.Breakwater gets old after a while but is still a great spot to dive :D

For those of you who find Breakwater a " been there, done that a million times" dive, have you dove the whole thing? On the far end of the beach furthest from the jetty is the path to the metridium field. Its a long swim, but worth every finstroke.
Lined up with the green & gray pump house is a big pipe about 3 feet in diameter. Follow this pipe out 'til it ends, then keep going a little ways and you'll start to see boulders adorned with metridiums. This field is quite extensive and depth gets down to 60 feet. I've seen big rays and numerous sea lions here, big nudibranchs and lots of fish. Great dive, try it if ya haven't already.

Scuba Cowboy once bubbled...
For those of you who find Breakwater a " been there, done that a million times" dive, have you dove the whole thing? On the far end of the beach furthest from the jetty is the path to the metridium field. Its a long swim, but worth every finstroke.
Lined up with the green & gray pump house is a big pipe about 3 feet in diameter. Follow this pipe out 'til it ends, then keep going a little ways and you'll start to see boulders adorned with metridiums. This field is quite extensive and depth gets down to 60 feet. I've seen big rays and numerous sea lions here, big nudibranchs and lots of fish. Great dive, try it if ya haven't already.

I have to agree with you.The metridium fields are always a great dive especially if you have good vis makes it all the better.:D

lal7176 once bubbled...

I have to agree with you.The metridium fields are always a great dive especially if you have good vis makes it all the better.:D

Sometimes in poor vis, but with a good light the metridium fields can be absolutly awe inspiring :D =-) :D

Next time you guys head out to the metridiums, say hello to Lingzilla on the way. He's a giant lingcod who lives out near there - because of the risk of him being picked up by a spearfisherman, PM me and I'll tell you where to find him :)

He's BIG.

Triton once bubbled...
I use the XCEL 7-6-5 with a hooded vest and that keeps me warm enough, but I do have to agree that putting the suit on for the second dive is usually the hardest part.

Are you people out of your mind? I have the same Xcel suit, but I dont take it off between dives. I just pull it down to my waist and throw a shirt on. I dont think I would be motivated enough to put it back on if I took it off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom