Diving the big island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

morfeis

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hello all,
i am new to the big island stayng on the south side. looking for people to get with and do some diving. i dont know the area or waters so looking for guidence as well. i read alot of other post talking about hilo and kona sites.
i am really afraid of getting caught in tourist traps, which i dont mind if they are worth it but in florida there are some tourist traps that made for really crappy dives (learned the hard way) . so if any one interested please let me know. i have couple days off every week this week will be sat and sun which i really am hoping to get wet.
please let me know
thanks
justin

I don't know of any "tourist traps" on the Big Island. Pretty much anywhere you dive along the west coast is going to be at least decent if not great (as long as weather and vis cooperate). Check out the usual sites at the Shore Diving page (Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: The Big Island, Hawaiian Islands). If you are on the south side I would suggest you start with Two Step at Place of Refuge, properly called Honaunau Bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom