Diving the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuberd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
here is my trip report for my recent (I got home today) trip to the Bahamas. I flew into and out of Nassau, a great city and worth a few extra days there. I booked a spot aboard the Cat Ppalu, opperated by blackbeard cruises out of Florida, but this boat was based in Nassau. We sailed (and motored) throughout the Exumas south of Nassau and New providence island. the crew was very friendly, knowledgeable, and fun to be around. the food was good and the diving great. lots of coral and walls, I set new personal depth and endurance records underwater. The boat was a retiered racing catamaran that had its masts shortend conciderabley, she had something like a 66' length, she held 12 guests but there were only ten of us on this trip. The only drawback, and it is minor, was that they did not have the space to include nitrox but I don't really mind. to cap it all off it was lobster season and we got to eat all the bugs we could catch. after the Cat Ppalu came in, I did a day trip with Stewart's cove on the south side of New Providence. it was ok, a good place for beginner divers, the only real drawback is the extreme number of divers their boats could carry. there were only 12 or so on my boat, but it could easily accomidate 30. good diving in the Bahamas and lots of diversity, but watch out for those blasted Ramoras

Thanks for the report. So where are you off to next?

scuberd,

Nice trip report, thanks for sharing. But what are those blasted Ramoras.

mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom