Diving Thailand (Andaman side) mid-late May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out Koh Lanta. It's a beautiful relaxed island, and the diving is great. Some of the dive operations close, but more stay open now. Check with Lanta Diver. They operate year-round....

Diving in KT can be OK, having a few decent dive sites, you need to select your DC with great care as you can find yourself on extremely crowded boats, also on courses, student : instructor ratio's can be high. KT is frequented a lot by backpackers, consequently many things on the Island are geared around this market, yes it is without doubt by far the cheapest place to dive / train in Thailand, but quite simply if your selection of DC is based on cost you will only get what you pay for. Personally I can neither rate the diving as anything near the best available in Thailand, and I simply don't like being on the Island.
For me, the Andaman Sea offers the best diving year round despite of the seasons.

---------- Post added May 14th, 2014 at 03:37 PM ----------

Check out Koh Lanta. It's a beautiful relaxed island, and the diving is great. Some of the dive operations close, but more stay open now. Check with Lanta Diver. They operate year-round....

Yes, In my mind Koh Lanta is a far better all round choice than Koh Tao. I have visited KT several times, dived the sites I wanted to, plus a few others, and do not envisage a return trip to the island for what ever reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom