Diving Tenggol Island!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed, terrific shots as usual. Let us know when you are back here as I'm in Manila for a few months as well. I would be good to dive with you.

Diver Dennis:
Ed, terrific shots as usual. Let us know when you are back here as I'm in Manila for a few months as well. I would be good to dive with you.

Thanks Dennis!
Wow! Few months, sounds like fun. Anyway, I'll be in Anilao from the 27 April - 1 May, then 12-16 June and maybe in July again. Hope to dive with you too.
Me gonna go find me, the mimic octopus, flamy and others again! :lol:

clgsamson:
Will be diving with Diver Dennis, Wolverine and Stormrider on April 5-8 in Anilao. Dennis is now a "filipino citizen":D

Can't make it on those dates, looks like I'm gonna miss the fun. :(

Ed.

Diver Dennis:
I have been servicing Ms. Aquino...:wink:

Sorry Ed!

There goes my chance of getting a PR status. You're good, Dennis! :D

Ed.

Ed_Dman:
MidWestDvr - Yup! Stacked Inon lenses. :wink:
Ed,

I'm assuming you are talking about the 165 lens. I have been considering going with the stacked lens also, but have been a bit leery since I am not all that good with just the one. But I love how close you get in your macro shots and every time I see your pics it just feeds the urge to try. :god:

Did you ever use just a single? If so, when you switched to stacked did you find it much harder to get crisp focus on your intended focal point? Any other challenges with stacking that wouldn't be there with a single? Do you have vignetting issues? (Sorry for so many questions...)

PermanentlyNarced:
Ed,

I'm assuming you are talking about the 165 lens. I have been considering going with the stacked lens also, but have been a bit leery since I am not all that good with just the one. But I love how close you get in your macro shots and every time I see your pics it just feeds the urge to try. :god:

Did you ever use just a single? If so, when you switched to stacked did you find it much harder to get crisp focus on your intended focal point? Any other challenges with stacking that wouldn't be there with a single? Do you have vignetting issues? (Sorry for so many questions...)

Hi PN!
It is the UCL 165 lens. Thanks for the wonderful comment.
Anyway, I do use a single lens. It all depends on what I'm taking and the double is really nice to use, if you want a really close up shot. I use manual focusing to get a crispier focus, but it does take a little longer than using auto focusing point. Once you get use to it, you'll find it fun, may it be single or stacked lenses. Not much of vignetting problem so far. Keep practicing and have fun. Oh btw, go for stacked lenses. It'll change the way, you take pictures. :lol:

Ed.

Back
Top Bottom