Diving Tattoos - Do you have one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveScoop

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Read this story today - nice ink, but I'm not sure that I'd be willing to do this even though I love to dive. Does anyone else have a diving tattoo that they'd like to share?

tattooyou.jpg

Sharing of the Ink – A new Scuba Trend??

Scuba flag, left shoulder.

I have a tattoo symbolizing my love for my God, my wife approves. I have designed one that deals with diving wrecks and caves, but my wife said that a tattoo for diving would be over the top. Maybe I can convince her?

I have thought of one, but needles make me queasy! :D

Depends where you get it. Most of the time if feels like the person is just scratching you.

I have 2 more tattoo's that I'm going to get this summer. One will be a scuba themed one. I'm going to do the Maple Leaf part of this art work. It will go on my Right back/shoulder.

nope---& not only no to diving, but no to any kind of them.....

Tattoos are nice and they áre a brilliant way to pay tribute to the ocean/diving etc (I myself sport several) BUT please, if you want to get tattooed to commemorate your OW certification - or for any other reason during a holiday, DO IT AFTER THE DIVES.

I've seen some unfortunate incidents, including infections, mangled up tattoos and people in states of discomfort turning to all sorts of waterproof wrappings, duct tape and cling wrap to protect their precious artwork. It's a dreadful distraction and takes a lot away from the diving.

Happy diving and safe inking

Here's mine. Cave diver exiting a cave on the line.

Attachments

• My Tattoo.jpg
    My Tattoo.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 8,814
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom