diving stores in Yucatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

benstones

New
Reaction score
Hi there everybody. I will be going to Cancun,Tulum then Cuba, and then down to Utilla. I fell in love with ding while in Thailand a while a go and have been teaching English in Korea for a year to pay for my DM and instrucyors ourses. My year is nearly up. I need to get a mak that I can put pescription lenses into./ I want to get it in Cancun so I can dive and snorkel in Cuba and Yucatan before I get to Utilla. Does anyone know any good shops Cancun or Tulum where things aren't too expensive. Thanks look forward to diving warm water again. The East sea in thenorth of south Korea is not quite the Andaman!
Thanks Ben

benstones:
Hi there everybody. I will be going to Cancun,Tulum then Cuba, and then down to Utilla. I fell in love with ding while in Thailand a while a go and have been teaching English in Korea for a year to pay for my DM and instrucyors ourses. My year is nearly up. I need to get a mak that I can put pescription lenses into./ I want to get it in Cancun so I can dive and snorkel in Cuba and Yucatan before I get to Utilla. Does anyone know any good shops Cancun or Tulum where things aren't too expensive. Thanks look forward to diving warm water again. The East sea in thenorth of south Korea is not quite the Andaman!
Thanks Ben

Buying equipment in resort areas is generally not an economically good idea. Are you going to be coming back to the States first? Buy your gear here if you are.

As to Rx masks, if you only need negative diopter correction, a lot of dive shops can offer you an off the shelf "close enough" solution for a variety of mask styles and most minor to moderate prescriptions. If you need positive diopter and/or astigmatism (or a major diopter of either direction) correction, then you'll most likely have to go for a custom set of lenses, which are more expensive and have to be ordered, which will probably take at least a couple of weeks. In that case, you'll want to have dealt with it before you go to Mexico.

Back
Top Bottom