Diving Speigel Grove without Nitrox...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.K. time for my .02 here - 1st, the Spiegel is F...ing AWSOME !! That is exactly what I wrote in my dive log. Our day was very mild current and that makes or breaks any deep dive I have done.
2nd. go with Conch Republic - 1st class group they wont let you dive it without a computer anyway. My wife and I dove it as our 14th logged dive !! 94 ft multi - level for total 34 minutes. She wanted to and had to have by their rules a guide. Something you may want to consider not because of your ability, rather than the fact you are traveling all that way and spending all that money why not go with someone who knows the ship inside and out ? Conch just sent out a
e-mail on a three tank deal including the spiegel w/ lunch you should check it out. I agree fully with atom and suzett's comments -spot on!! Lastly OW - AOW or higher - you are only as good as the instruction you have had. Have fun and be safe !

O.K. time for my .02 here - 1st, the Spiegel is F...ing AWSOME !! That is exactly what I wrote in my dive log. Our day was very mild current and that makes or breaks any deep dive I have done.
2nd. go with Conch Republic - 1st class group they wont let you dive it without a computer anyway. My wife and I dove it as our 14th logged dive !! 94 ft multi - level for total 34 minutes. She wanted to and had to have by their rules a guide. Something you may want to consider not because of your ability, rather than the fact you are traveling all that way and spending all that money why not go with someone who knows the ship inside and out ? Conch just sent out a
e-mail on a three tank deal including the spiegel w/ lunch you should check it out. I agree fully with atom and suzett's comments -spot on!! Lastly OW - AOW or higher - you are only as good as the instruction you have had. Have fun and be safe !

Hopefully you didn't go inside the ship...

Hi jbop,

Rather than getting ten different opinions from ten different divers (who won't have to pay the consequences of your actions) why not learn about rock bottom gas management for yourself. You will not regret it. Then you will be able to calculate your own gas volume requirements regardless of tank size and understand the justifications for it. Here's the link:Rock Bottom and Gas Management for Recreational Divers

Jbop,

When in October are you planning on making the dive? I will be diving the SG the weekend of the 22nd.

Mike

We'll be doing three dives on the Spiegel the weekend of Oct 2-24, plus another on the Duane. If you would like to join us send me an email to dave@indianvalleyscuba.com

I will be down with my dive shop. Will be my last dives for MSD.

Good for you and a preliminary congratulations on your advancement! Perhaps we'll run into you there, or afterwards at the local watering holes. My cell is 215-806-5340 if you'd like to put a face to the postings while on your trip!

Dave

Just spent last weekend scootering on the SG - fantastic conditions, down and around the props, circumnavigating the entire wreck, motoring right through the hallways, what a fun house this wreck really is!

Heading back to dive it again Oct 21-24!

Maybe I'm behind the times but I don't remember these multiple stops from any of my classes. As a recreational diver I've always followed the rules:
1. Do not exceed NDL time.
2. Minimum of 3 minute safety stop at 15'

I frequently stay at 15' for a few extra minutes, in the slight chance that I could see a passing pelagic.

Has this rule changed or are you all providing tech planning to a rec diver?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom