Diving South France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oui mais tu n'es pas agé comme-moi Patrick :D

How do you do ?
keyboard error after 2 days speaking english, even between french speaking people :)

back from a big week to dive and supervise beginners (N1 and N2) at Le Lavandou, finishing by a 60 m trimix at Cavalaire diving the Togo wreck

I foresee to dive again with Eau Bleue (Cavalaire) in september during a week, on deep wrecks.

My dives at Fougères mid-may have been cancelled.

I had to cancel my Tx course in Fougères

Have you planned to pass the CMAS 1* Instructor ?
CMAS 2* instructor, as I'm N4 :)

maybe, but i'm not very assiduous at the courses

quitte ou double in october, if i'm courageous to work on it this summer
else next year

You made this mistake again : E2 gives you the CMAS 1*.

MFT:
Un initiateur titulaire du brevet de Guide de Palanquée N4 FFESSM obtient directement, sauf avis contraire, une carte double face FFESSM-CMAS de moniteur 1*.

Hello Fellow French Divers

Seeing all these changes in the code du sport over the last year or so has got me interested in getting back into diving, and recently I found a club that were more than happy to have a PADI member!

Over 10 years ago when I moved to France, my PADI DM card was treated with universal distain, as some of my posts going back to 2001 show). As France has such a large tourist industry I never understood their attitude to non-French qualifications. However, to the credit of most places I dived, after a couple of days diving with them, most were quite happy to let me do my own thing once they had seen I was able to dive.

From what I have seen recently, things have improved considerably, and I'm now a happy (mosellan) diver
A+

Jon

I am sorry to be reviving this old thread, but I can't seem to find the relevant information anywhere. I am going along the french cost on my own sailboat with some diving friends. We are all CMAS ** and AOW certified. We have our own equipment and compressor onboard. Can we dive on our own in french waters? How should we go about this? As far as I understand, the preceeding discussions all concern diving with local dive clubs. Please advise.

I am not sure about this, although I will ask around.

I *think* that you are OK, just find a good guidebook with GPS co-ordinates so that you know where to dive. I think that the problems come when you start asking for money.

I will ask around for you.

Jon

Can we dive on our own in french waters?

Sure. There isn't any rule which applies to on their own divers, except about local rules (usually in lakes and protected areas) and hydrostatic test for tanks. But if you have your own compressor ...

How should we go about this?

You should first tell us where do you want to dive, Caribbeans, Indian ocean, Mediterranean sea, Atlantic Ocean, Channel ...

I asked around, and as I thought (and jago said) there is nothing to stop you diving like you want to.

The only caveat that I could find was that you ought to have insurance in case of a chamber ride. Apparently they will charge you if you do not have a European social security card, and even then, they might charge.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom