diving somewhere between asia & u.k

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow kasha your trip sounds amazing!! wow.
well i've decided to go to komodo on a liveaboard. staying on mv nusa santara (spelling). has anyone been on this boat or been to komodo on a liveaboard that would like to let me know what sort of experience i'm in for??

thanks for all the suggestions, i would love to go the maldives but with all the flight prices and travelling it was getting a little expensive..

Sounds good. Although I am 100% with Kasha that Maldives Scuba Tours probably runs the best operation in the Maldives, I am quite sure that you will fall in love with Indonesia and Komodo. The Nusantara is owned and operated by Grand Komodo and although fairly basic, they run a good operation. Not sure exactly when you are going but as you get into our summer and their southern winter, when you dive the waters in the south of Komodo around Rinca and Horseshoe Bay, you will likely experience waters temps in the low 70's (21 C) or even lower, so be prepared and make sure you have at least 5mm and maybe a vest with attached hood to put on top, plus boots, gloves, etc. In the north the water temps will be 83F (28-29C) but with multiple diving, those waters in the south will cool you down. Its beautiful and very exciting diving. Have fun.

I know of a live aboard trip in the Maldives with some heavy hitters going out of Male for the manta aggregations (yes, Harifaru) around the 19th of August, let me know if that's something you'd be interested in and the price is good.

Also, I second the idea of Sipadan. Personally I love Sipadan Water Village but there are a few other places depending on your budget. Big fish at Sipadan include huge schools of barracuda, jack, turtles on your head,not too much in the way of sharks. Also fabulous macro. Fantastic divemasters who will show you EVERYTHING. LOVE IT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom