Diving/snorkeling in Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockbeauty

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody dive or snorkel around this island? I will be at the sol cayo santa maria and leaving on saturday and I am wondering if the diving is good enough so it worth bringing my full equipment or not...
Also, where is the best snorkel by yourself on the island?
Thanks

Hi, it was better than I expected (my expectations were low, I thought there would be no coral and not a lot of fish due to overfishing)...no big pelagics but on our second dive, we saw ~ 50 nassau grouper so that was something. All the usual were there, rockbeauties, queen angelfish, french angelfish. I will try to create a folder this week in my gallery and PM you once it's done. It was not as good as Coz, Belize or Bay islands but I paid my all-included week in Cuba less than 700$ canadian (+ diving) so I tought it was still a pretty good deal!

Sorry, I was on claplant computer while answering your question badjo65, so look up in my gallery (rockbeauty) this weekend and I should put the picture there by that time,
hope it helps
By the way, I am not sure the air quality was very good from the tanks though, you might want to check that out (or ask when was the last inspection) if you are sensitive to air quality

Hi ,
Thank you for the PM , i did see your photos, they're nice.
By the way, can you tell me about the medium depth of those dives, seemed to me pretty shallow.

Regards
BD:)

Back
Top Bottom