Diving shops in Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Costa Rica is certainly a very exclusive location to get married and you will find a lot of Hotels prepared to support your marriage.

One breathtaking location i know personally is Hotel Villa Calettas
Hotel Villa Caletas - Jac Beach, Central Pacific Coast, Costa Rica. Hotel Villas Caletas jaco beach Costa Rica, small distinctive hotels of Costa Rica, Costa Rica hotels, Costa Rica beach resorts, luxury hotels of Jac beach Costa Rica, river raftin
They do a lot of weddings there and the nearby Jaco and especially Playa Hermosa is famous for surfing (they just held this July the Billabong World Contest there).

I support your idea to come down and travel around to find the perfect place for your very special day.

Best regards

Chris Karrer

You can come to the Coco area and get married here! We have dive shops all over, there are trips to Ollies Point and Witches Rock for surfing, or you can drive a quick hour to Playa Grande for nice and easy surfing. I am really not a fan of Jaco, it is a bit crowded and has a very seedy element. If you need a wedding planner or photographer, check out our site D'Ensueno Event Productions . We can arrange everything from wedding planning to surf trips at a very reasonable rate.

There is another dive shop in Playas del Coco (right next to the beach) called Summer Salt Dive Center and it shouldn´t be overlooked. I went diving with them recently and it was my best dive experience to date! The first day, I did two local dives (Monkey Head and Punta Argentina) and enjoyed the diving, the staff and even the boat (it was comfortable, fast and full of yummy snacks and juices) so much I decided to dive with them the following day at Bat Islands. It was incredible! Bull sharks, mantas and even whales at the surface! I´d definitely suggest checking them out.

Also, Nik, there are lots of good waves in Costa Rica. Around Playas del Coco, there´s Ollie´s Point and Witch´s Rock, but I think they are for more experienced surfers. If you´re more of a beginner, there´s Tamarindo not too far away. Down the coast, there´s also Playa Grande, Nosara, Santa Teresa, Jaco and Dominical to name a few. I think Costa Rica will definitely meet your needs for both diving and surfing... and when you´re tired of that, there´s always the rainforest and Volcano Arenal too!

The diving is very different from small stuff to the big manta rays and bull sharks. A good place to have a honey moon is Bosque del Mar in Playa Hermosa, near playas del Coco, very romantic on the beach with loads of nature. for Surfing you can take a trip to witches rock, the best place to surf.

Let me knwo if you need more info.

Brenda

Mmmm....

For my first wedding honeymoon, we stayed at Villa Caletas. This was 1997, and it was absolutely beautiful. The downside was that it was 11 miles from Jaco and quite secluded. The food was incredibly expensive at the hotel and not very good. But, that was in 1997. The staff, rooms, and views were awesome!

sorry to jump in but can does anyone know which dive centers are padi and which are ssi ?

Hi there,

First of all, congratulations on your (planned) marriage! About the diving in Costa Rica. It's definitely worth it!!! Don't expect lots of corals on the Pacific side, but even more fish. Big schools of fish, different kinds of rays (sting, eagle, round, devil, cow nosed...), lobsters, octopus, sharks (white-tips, nurse, bull), but also beautifull macro things like nudibranches, shrimps and seahorses...

Surfing isn't possible on the beach of Playas del coco, but a little bit further north you'll find world famous spots like Ollies Point. Considering the fact that your getting married i wouldn't suggest staying in Playas del Coco, but only 7 km away is a lovely, beautifull beach called Playa Hermosa. Rich Coast Diving is also located there and, if necesary, organises free pick ups to go diving from Playas del Coco.

If you need any further information don't hesitate to contact me, or pass by in February

I'm reading through this thread as DH is trying to convince me to take a diving trip here in June..

Normally I don't need tobe convinced to take a dive trip! But, as I read more & more about bull sharks in the water, I'm becoming very hesitant!

We both dove with bull sharks in Cuba about 8 years ago, back when we didn't know anything ab out bull sharks! Since then I've become a mom, and done my bull shark research, and I'm VERY leery about getting back in the ater with them!

Anyone care to try to relieve my fears ?!?

Hi Scuba Sweetie,

Don't worry about the bull sharks, we only encounter them at the Bat islands. We never had any interaction or any problems with the sharks and the divers though.
On our local dives we only have white tip reef sharks, and they are so calm, so don't worry, if you don't want to see the bulls just stay local or do the Catalina islands.
Let me know if you have any more questions I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Happy bubbles,
Brenda

Back
Top Bottom