Diving Services in Holbox Island in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nori1841

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I need direct contacts of diving services by e-mail in Holbox.

I'll go to Holbox to stay and join Whale Sharks Tour in July. If I could dive here,I wish to try on.
But no firm infomation has not been received yet by travel agency and following URL.
They might not have the information I need on scuba diving.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.holboxisland.com/

I don't think anybody is doing SCUBA right now on Holbox. The whale sharks are strickly snorkel which will make sensce to you once you do the dives. You swim with the shark then climb back on the boat and do it again and again. Very shallow water around 30 feet I would guess. There are many operators doing this type of dive but my only experience was with Marvin Jimenez at info@marvintours.com His web site (which may no longe work) was www.marvintours.com

good luck.

PS Marven was very good.

It is simply not allowed to scuba dive with whale sharks - only snorkelling and the hotel where you are staying should be able to set it up - Marvin Tours has a good rep. There is one dive operator on Holbox he operates out of the small hotel next door to Casa las Tortugas, just call them and they'll tell you. Diving is not good in that area cos there is no reef to speak of and the visibility is low - it's the Gulf. Don't hold your breath for email responses from Holbox, they are not good at it. We also book whale shark tours out of Puerto Morelos onboard a boat with a biologist who is part of the team that is tagging and tracking the whale sharks at the same time as taking you snorkelling. They tagged 2 sharks this week and an aerial scout sighted 25 in the area

Thanks all,

My intention is to swim with Whale Sharks, not to dive with them.
During my stay in Holbox, I just want to dive here after the snorkeling tour. It seems to be poor conditions to dive there so I'll have second thought to do other activities or do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom