Diving sept 15 or 16?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanefrost300

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

I live S. of Atlanta, wondering if anyone was goin diving the weekend of the 15th? Let me know something so I can plan accordingly :14:
-Grant

Where south of atlanta are you?? Some of us dive Lake Juliette (near Forsyth) most weekends. Nothing big. Shallow dives, but it gets us wet. I'll probably be diving there on the 15th. You are welcome to join me (us), but you have to get permission from Georgia Power to dive there. Let me know if you're interested.

Mark

I live in Stockbridge about 20 minutes south of ATL. Im not sure where Forsythe is? Let me know more

You'd have to head down I-75 to exit 185 and head east. Probably about 15 min off I-75 to where we normally dive on the Lake. There are a couple options for diving.

We usually dive along the plant life near the shore, staying in about 15-19' and do approx 45-70 minute dives. There is a thermocline in the 18' range that drops the temps about 10-15 degrees.

This weekend, we are looking at doing a bit of a deeper (and colder) dive off our normal dive point and follow the bottom to see a. if the vis is better under the thermocline, b. if there are more (and bigger) fish in the colder waters, and c. what else is out there.

The dives are usually just nice practice dives and allow us to work on basic skills and, more and more, to just get wet.

If you do want to dive there, you need to send an email to Doug Ellis (daellis@southernco.com) and Wanda Greene (wmgreene@southernco.com) with your name, address, phone (home and cell) and a picture of your DL. They'll give you permission.

Let me know if you need some more info.

Mark

One other thought...you might want to check out the Lake Lanier Looney Bird forum at the top of this one. Those guys tend to get out most weekends (from what I've read...eventually I'm going to have to get up there with those guys).

That may be a little closer to you...not sure.

Mark

Well I just found out I have to work this weekend so no diving for me but this def sounds awesome, maybe next time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom