Diving Recommendations - Phuket Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sks77

Registered
Reaction score
We are arriving in Phuket on January 10th. We will be on a private power (not sail) catamaran for a week enjoying the sailing areas near Phuket, Krabi, Phi Phi, etc. Therefore, we have great flexibility of where to go and how long to stay there. We have been to Thailand in the past and dove the Similans & Richeleau Rock (they were spectacular). All of the divers are experienced (4 of 5 are divemasters).

Here are some areas where I could use some help:
- Is making a run out to the Similans recommended from Phuket or not? Is the diving there so much better it is worth the investment of time and fuel.
- I am kind of making the assumption that the Similans and Richeleau are the best in the area. Making that assumption what are the OTHER BEST dive spots that we could reach? What should not be missed?
- What are some good dive operators we could connect with that could lead us on some dives? Seems like it is always good to find someone who knows the lay of the land.
- What land experiences in the area should not be missed?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Sean

I would second Hin Muang and Hin Daeng near Koh Lanta... Seems there's been quite a few mantas around there recently... Koh Ha is also a beautiful spot...

Thanks Stevenl and bubble junky. I have those on our must do list.

Any other thoughts from anyone including above water or underwater experiences is much appreciated. We are leaving soon....can't wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom