Diving Raystown Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlickNick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
How is the visibility?
Is is cold?
Are there any cool things to see besides the powerhouse?
Anything i should know?

Any lake in PA is going to be cold....this time of year its probably about 40-50 depending how deep you go, and 55-60 on the surface .

Most PA divers,myself included will wear a 7mm suit with hood, gloves and boots year round...the water never really gets "warm" ..you might get away with a 5mm, but I would imagine you would be doing only one dive , and it probably wont be enjoyable .

visibility will depend on the weather...

ah. in the summer te surface can get up to 80f. where do you usually dive at raystown?

Ive been there twice with a friend, I'm not too familiar with the area so I just followed him around..cant say exactly where we were..

And yes, in the summer you might see 80 at the surface, but its still quite cold below 15 feet....I had a full 7mm suit, with boots gloves and a hood, and it was comfortable......there is no way I would dive any lake in PA with less than that .

My local diving is done for the year, and my usual spot Dutch Springs......if I get back out that way maybe we can hook up some time....

Back
Top Bottom