Diving Pulau Weh in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_diva_mv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
hi there
we are seriously considering diving in Pulau Weh in December (early december)

does anyone have first hand information on whether this is a good time of year?

Yeah I was there in January and it was great, 30m vis and 30c. Go dive with Lumba Lumba . Pula Weh is as cheap as it gets.

Yeah I was there in January and it was great, 30m vis and 30c. Go dive with Lumba Lumba . Pula Weh is as cheap as it gets.

I dont want to hack the thread.
I am also considering Palau weh. Orenbvip how long was your flight from MTL and how long did you stayed there ? I am trying to figure out how long my vacations will have to be :D

Last edited:
I dont want to hack the thread.
I am also considering Palau weh. Orenbvip how long was your flight from MTL and how long did you stayed there ? I am trying to figure out how long my vacations will have to be :D

no prob. I was backpacking/diving for 4 months (doing it again this winter). I was there 2 weeks. I fly from MTL to paris then paris to Bangkok (fastest way) to get to Pula weh you need to fly to somewhere in Indo first. or maybe kula lampur (check air asia)

I don't know about routing from MTL, but getting from the gateway in SE Asia to Banda Aceh (the entry point for P. Weh) has got easier since early June.

You can fly in on Garuda or Lion Air from Jakarta, and as noted in #5, Air Asia has flights from Kuala Lumpur. In addition, Firefly has flights from Penang, but that's not a place you'd land from an international flight, so I mention in only for those who will be traveling around before or after their stop at Weh.

What has got easier is that it's now possible to get a visitor's visa on arrival at Banda Aceh airport. In the past you couldn't do this so that if you were on a flight from Malaysia, you needed to get the visa from a consulate, which took extra time and is more expensive.

My wife and I were there in April and we are taking our family there in December! So we may see you there!

We are staying with Casa Nemo. Loved staying with them in April. Brilliant little resort and the diving is really chilled and relaxed and personal. Cant wait to get back!!

OH I put a video on Youtube of our trip in April, - Search for "Pulau Weh holiday - Casa Nemo", my youtube acount name is MrAlMitch. Its 7 minutes!! Sorry!! But it does show the resort and the diving.

Definitely check them out.

Last edited:
Thanks, AlMitch. I've stayed at Freddie's place in the Sumur Tiga part of the island and liked it there because of the proximity of the town. I've dived with Rubiah Tirta Divers, who will come to the town to pick us up on their boat to take us over to their dive centre/beach. It's good to know that there's another option at Sumur Tiga.

A little request--next time you post an invitation to take a look at one of your vids, embed the link in your post. That way we don't have to do a google search for it. Saves us time and makes it more likely people will actually view your vid.

Hi Quero
Thanx for the advice and I'll definitely embed the link next time! Thanx for linking it.

Personally I think Casa Nemo is better than Freddies BECAUSE the bungalows are more private. Freddies seems to have the rooms pretty much on top of eachother.

Hi Quero
Thanx for the advice and I'll definitely embed the link next time! Thanx for linking it.

Personally I think Casa Nemo is better than Freddies BECAUSE the bungalows are more private. Freddies seems to have the rooms pretty much on top of eachother.

That's true, and it can get a little noisy if somebody is clomping around in the bungalow above the one you're staying in, but when I'm diving I spend very little time in the bungalow--mainly just to shower and sleep--so I haven't really minded. What I like about Freddie's (which according to your report is a major difference in comparison to Casa Nemo) is that the food is very, very good at Freddie's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom