Diving Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingdog5

Registered
Reaction score
hi to all its been 3 years since we were diving in peurto galera back then we booked 10 dives each with a shop and got a big discount ,i think we paied around 17 us per dive is this still the case and if so can any one recomend a shop that will do this ps we are 4 divers so 40 plus dives

any help would be greatley appreciated

We dived with : Scuba Diving in Puerto Galera, Philippines [South Sea Divers] last year and paid $17 per dive. However, we did approx 80 dives between us.
Also the exchange rate is nearly 20% down on last year so I would be surprised if you could get that price now.
Give Paul or Sky a call and ask. Be aware that they are a very small outfit which suited us better than a large resort.

i'd also recommend sky's op... he was the 1st shop on PG back in the early 80s... a testament to the man that his little op still exists with all the bigger shops opening up to his left and right

i'd also recommend el galleon/ asia divers and atlantis and action divers...

the PPD have done those 3 ops and they're top notch, i do believe you can get very good packages on multiple dives as well - we did :eyebrow:

Jag

ps we are diving with southsea divers nice shop clean tidy boats and we well 4 of us booked 40 dives in total for 18us a tank the diving has changed a bit in three years but it all ways does hay .

again thanks to all for the help .

wow inflation must really be taking it's toll! this means you are actually paying less than you paid last time; and Sky is making less...is driving the price so low really fair on the operators? Would it kill you to pay $20 or maybe even $22 and make it more than 3 years ago?

wow inflation must really be taking it's toll! this means you are actually paying less than you paid last time; and Sky is making less...is driving the price so low really fair on the operators? Would it kill you to pay $20 or maybe even $22 and make it more than 3 years ago?
Matt, its the Walmart syndrome, costs every where are going up (believe me, I spend my time dealing with Asian factories) but the consumer thinks its possible to get something for nothing. Longterm this affects the consumer since to get to the price they want something has to be cut...but hey they got their price. In general the quality of products on the shelf now is not what it was 10 years ago...but the consumer got their price, so they are happy and they can make return trips to Walmart since what they bought won't last as long as previous, better made products.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Drew

some stats maybe...

Jan 2006 - dollar peso exchange rate was P52
Now (2008) - dollar peso exchange rate P41

Thanks Caloy, aren't some financial experts expecting the peso to strengthen to 38~39 to the dollar during '08?

Drew

Thanks Caloy, aren't some financial experts expecting the peso to strengthen to 38~39 to the dollar during '08?

Drew
hehe still correcting but BSP was told by the IMF to stop interfering in the market. IMF thinks the peso is still undervalued.

we locals are actually benefiting from a strong peso, the cost of diving outside Anilao is now cheap. Cheaper today than 2-4 years ago.

2006 diving in Sogod $22 or P1,122 (P51-$1)
Last March 08 in Sogod $22 or P902 (P41-$1)

ps - a difference of 4 dollars ($18-22) @$41 or P164 is too insignificant for me to rant...

Back
Top Bottom