diving places in clear oceans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hey, for anyone that can help me. I have a problem and need a solution quick.
I am in this venture crew in kentucky, which is a coed boy scout affilieted group that ranges form 14-21. We are planning to go over the summer and scuba dive. But our problem is we have to find somewhere that meets BSA regulations and will take A coed group. we dont want to go to sea base, but If there is any places around florida and gorgia that we can go to possibly anywhere warm that would be great.
Thanks your help is greatly aprriciated:confused:

swimmingbeauty9 once bubbled...
hey, for anyone that can help me. I have a problem and need a solution quick.
I am in this venture crew in kentucky, which is a coed boy scout affilieted group that ranges form 14-21. We are planning to go over the summer and scuba dive. But our problem is we have to find somewhere that meets BSA regulations and will take A coed group. we dont want to go to sea base, but If there is any places around florida and gorgia that we can go to possibly anywhere warm that would be great.
Thanks your help is greatly aprriciated:confused:

If it has to be in Florida or Georgia, why did you place this in the "Mexico" threads? To get minors out of the country without their parents accompanying them can be pretty tough, BTW.

Also, you say that it's important that the place you go "meets BSA regulations", but I'm pretty sure that next to none of us knows what that entails. I was in scouting from cubs through explorers, and I don't know what you mean.

And welcome to Scuba Board. You might also Intro yourself in Introductions, for a proper welcome...

I agree with GGunn. You posted in the wrong forum, I think. Taking kids out of the country would be a challenge (not my grandson, you wouldn't!), and besides - Florida Keys is great newbie diving. Seems like there's a Boy Scout dive camp there?

Try your post again in the North America Forum, and maybe define your terms:
"BSA regulations"...?
"we dont want to go to sea base"...?

Ps: Anyone using the word "beauty" in their user name has to include a verification photo on their profile :girl:

LOL, don

Im kind of confused on what your reply was Don. I was asking if anyone knew a place other thatn sea base. because see base had a waiting line up to 2 years. And we live in louisville ky. We are not out of the country. I just need help with this.

swimmingbeauty9 once bubbled...
Im kind of confused on what your reply was Don. I was asking if anyone knew a place other thatn sea base. because see base had a waiting line up to 2 years. And we live in louisville ky. We are not out of the country. I just need help with this.

What we are trying to point out to you is that you have posted this inquiry on a message board that is concerned only with dive locations in Mexico, hence "out of the country". If you are looking for a dive location in the US, I suggest that you go to Home > Travel/Locations > North America and post your question there.

Also, we, as folks that are not associated with scouting, at least not any more, have no clue what "sea base" is, although from context I assume that it is some sort of Underwater Philmont, maybe?

Even though you were politely told to stay out of this thread I have some information for you.

I suggest you take boy scouts to Key Largo and dive with Silent World. The diving is easy and shallow (mostly) and you can actually find a place to camp down there most likely.

Would not take boy scouts to the Spiegel Grove though, the current is very strong.

:)

I just want to point out to you that I never mentioned anything about Mexico, But that I am looking for a place in The united states to dive. Your right sea base is an underwater philmont. But we cant go there because there is a waiting list for two years. I was just wondering if you or anyone else knew about any places that is bsa regulated and will provide the use for boyscout affiliated groups. I did not mean to cause any confusion. You have mistaken me. And I just want to make things clear.

Big Pine Key has quite a bit of Boy Scout property on & nearby it, and there is also (or at least there was) an Outward Bound hunk of property that might be available if the right persons can be contacted.
There's a commercial campground called "Fish Camp" on Big Pine too.

Check here: http://www.sfcbsa.org/Districts/Buccaneer.html

Sea Base is a place near Salt Lake City Utah, near the Bonneville salt flats. They have covered (and uncovered) ponds that are spring-fed and they do scuba training and they allow diving and snorkeling at Sea Base.

It is not very deep, and not very big, but they do have some fishies there. I heard from one Utah native that people "donate" nurse sharks and other tropicals that have outgrown their personal home aquariums. You are welcome to feed the fish (and not in the vomitory sense).

http://www.utahdiving.com/seabase.htm

http://www.seabase.net/

No one asked me, but no one else was answering the question, so I stuck my big fat nose in,

Wristshot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom