Diving Phuket End Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, personally I prefer to get everything sorted out first before going over. For preparation, I actually asked around from friends who have actually been there for recommendations. Settled with Sea Fun Divers and they booked me on the SSD4.

It's a great boat. Can't believe it's not considered 5 star bec as far as I could see, it's really splendid! Nothing to complain about.

As for the issue of sea sickness, I must say, I felt somewhat unwell after the first 2 dives and thus did not do the next 2 dives for the first day. Rested a while and took some medication. Was fine thereafter... :)

Everyone else on board was fine so I guess it's just me...!

Well, have fun!

Depends on when you are thinking of coming. Normally at this time of year: book ahead. At the moment though, there is hardly a liveaboard that is fully booked, so you could make your choice here.
But: for the upcoming Chinese New Year, some of the boats are fully booked, and I have honestly no idea what is going to happen the rest of the season.

If you have a strong preference for one of the boats: book ahead, so you can be sure it is sailing, if not: I think you can wait, but can not give you any guarantees.

ling:
I'm planning a dive trip to Phuket end Feb and want to know the condition and situation of the reefs there.Has anyone dived there recently and helped with the clean up??Would appreciated some info.

Four of us just returned from a liveaboard in the Similans and had a great time. We went on the Genesis through Sea Bees in Kata. The diving was incredible. The visibility was great, about 30 meters, or 90 feet. It was like swimming in an aquarium. There were so many schools of fish, from tiny to medium size, then the occasional large fish. We saw lots of leopard and white tipped reef sharks and one of the last dives we saw a Manta Ray with a wing span of 10-12 feet at Koh Bon. It was really cool. The boat was actually better than I expected and the food was incredible. The Thai crew and the dive masters were so helpful and nice. The damage from the tsunami seemed very localized and was sometimes at the end of a dive, there would be some broken coral, but for the most part, it was non-existent and the diving was beautiful. I will post more on a new thread if I can figure it out, I had a little trouble in the past. We had a great time.

Mari

aaronkok:
i can't wait to go next week.

i'll be with SSD4 too. This will be my first time on a LOB. is it easy to get sea sick?????

I was with a couple of people who always get sick on boats, and they did the liveaboard for 3 days. we all took the less-drowsy Dramamine every 24 hours and everyone was fine. I still feel like the earth is moving now that I have been on land for 2 days, but I'm sure that will fade!

marigodiva:
Four of us just returned from a liveaboard in the Similans and had a great time. We went on the Genesis through Sea Bees in Kata. The diving was incredible. The visibility was great, about 30 meters, or 90 feet. It was like swimming in an aquarium. There were so many schools of fish, from tiny to medium size, then the occasional large fish. We saw lots of leopard and white tipped reef sharks and one of the last dives we saw a Manta Ray with a wing span of 10-12 feet at Koh Bon. It was really cool. The boat was actually better than I expected and the food was incredible. The Thai crew and the dive masters were so helpful and nice. The damage from the tsunami seemed very localized and was sometimes at the end of a dive, there would be some broken coral, but for the most part, it was non-existent and the diving was beautiful. I will post more on a new thread if I can figure it out, I had a little trouble in the past. We had a great time.

Mari
OK, so a actually wrote a more in depth dive report and posted it in a new thread, but I can't seem to find it where it should be. I do a search for Phuket or Similans and is is not there after 20 minutes. Does it take awhile to post due to moderators reading and OKing, or what? Any help is appreciated. thanks
Mari

Back
Top Bottom