Diving Operator near Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where can I dive that has the most/best sealife? Anything like turtles or whatever else. If I do the cenotes on one day and then Playa or Cozumel, what is my best chance to find something interesting?

In the past I felt like others, don't dive Playa BUT now I think different. Go out with Jason at Fantasea or Todd at Abyss divers, they will take you on some very nice dives off Playa and can also do Cenote or Cozumel dives. Very good dive shops.

Jason @ fantasea (playacountryboy) gets my vote, personal attentive service, and a generally nice guy.

Where can I dive that has the most/best sealife? Anything like turtles or whatever else. If I do the cenotes on one day and then Playa or Cozumel, what is my best chance to find something interesting?

I agree respect you may find more sealife in Playa del Carmen than Cozumel, but in the island you will find beautiful walls dropping hundreds of fetes to the deep blue.
Do not expect to see many life in the cenotes, it is not the main caracteristic of this kind of diving. Instead you will find amazing games of the sun light comming through differents entrances, a lot of stalactites, stalagmites and columns of unimaginable shape and size, fresh water and excellent visibility.
Many cenote dives allow divers to experience the halocline, the boundry where the shallower fresh water on the top mixes with the sea water below resulting in amazing mirror and light effects.
Do not miss the cenotes, it is an unique dive to experience.

if you go with Jason or another reputable operator in Playa you will have a hard time avoiding to see a turtle. you can also go snorkeling in akumal and see enough turtles to lose count.

I am looking for an operator near the Gran Porto Real Playa del Carmen the first week of August. I will only be able to dive 1 or 2 days total.

I am going for a wedding, so not much free time on the 5 day trip.

I would like to dive the caverns/cenotes if I only get one place to go. Does anyone think it would be better to dive something else instead if I only get one day to dive? I have never been to Cancun before, so I am not too familiar with what is there.

So, if anyone has a top 1 or 2 locations to dive there and/or an operator I should use, that would be great.

Thanks...

I was there back in June and I dived with Jason as well as another outfit called Scuba-Caribe. I did a trip report that you can search on. I liked Scuba-Caribe operation.

This past May, my wife and I went with Fantasea in Playa and were very pleased. Jason, the owner/divemaster, showed us plenty of sea life and is a good guy to boot. He runs a small outfit and the service is very personal.

He's PlayaCountryBoy here on ScubaBoard. Maybe you can PM him.

Planning to be at the Cat Aug 7 to 14, first trip to riviera maya. Been to Coz a couple times, and enjoyed my dives there. Do any of the dive ops pick you up at the resort? Or do you have to walk or get a ride into town? What are the rates? Looked at the reviews, and the shop on site gets looks like 49 to 61$ per dive, sounds a bit pricy. Also, with the airlines wanting to charge extra for baggage, what of my gear should I take along. Was thinking of just taking my BC and regulator, maybe a dive skin. Any advice? Jim

Back
Top Bottom