Diving on business trips to Bermuda...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. I occasionally travel to Bermuda on business, which preoccupies me through the days. I was wondering if anyone knew of someone I could get in touch with to arrange (private? small group?) conveniently scheduled evening/night dives.

I don't know about the evening dives, but are you hiring? I could take a fet of those trips off you hands.lol

I don't know about the evening dives, but are you hiring? I could take a fet of those trips off you hands.lol

Thanks for your input.

No-one knows the diving situation well on Bermuda? Really?

There are two main dive shops there: Triangle Divers on the East end (@the Blue grotto), and Blue Water divers (@ Somerset Bridge for boat dives and Elbow Beach for shore dives). Their websites give basic info for most dives, although Blue Water's site doesn't mention that night dives are only shore dives from Elbow Beach. Have gone out with them on boat dives, haven't dived w/Triangle yet. There's also a local operation called Dive Bermuda, but I don't have their phone #.

Do ya need a spare dive buddy/gofer..............?

There are two main dive shops there: Triangle Divers on the East end (@the Blue grotto), and Blue Water divers (@ Somerset Bridge for boat dives and Elbow Beach for shore dives). Their websites give basic info for most dives, although Blue Water's site doesn't mention that night dives are only shore dives from Elbow Beach. Have gone out with them on boat dives, haven't dived w/Triangle yet. There's also a local operation called Dive Bermuda, but I don't have their phone #.

Do ya need a spare dive buddy/gofer..............?

here it is: Dive Bermuda: 1-441-238-2332

I have dove with them many times, and I like their style/service.
AFAIK, they don't have regularly scheduled evening/night dives, but they have run special dives for small groups. It may be worth a call.

Bottom line, night dives in Bermuda are few and far between. Your best bet is to fly down a day or two before your meetings and do some dives during the day.

Hi - I'm flying down to Bermuda for part business/ part pleasure 3 July weekend. Did you end up diving with Dive Bermuda/ like them? I'm looking for a dive op that does small groups (6 persons max). Happy to take suggestions... and meet up w/ any other divers that care to join! :)

Anyone know the going rates to hire a dive instructor as a private guide in Bermuda? I might be headed there on business too, and am not thrilled with the idea of an insta-buddy. For safety & fun, I'd rather hire a PADI professional who is familiar with the local dive sites.

Also, any recommendations of where to find such a person, other than the two dive shops mentioned above? I'm not opposed to calling them, I'm just curious if there are other options.

All of the dive instructors I know in Bermuda are either associated with one of the dive shops, or have other full time jobs and don't really do any dive instruction. That being said, any of the dive ops in Bermuda will give you the option to dive with a DiveMaster or Instructor who knows the sites - you probably just need to let them know in advance. I know that Triangle Diving has been very accomodating in this regard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom